The F1 domino news stories

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by SimonF, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009.

1. SimonF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So, whats your thoughts?

Brawn to become Mercedes?

McLaren buying back out their Mercedes half to become McLaren singular again?

Button just signed for McLaren along side Hamilton?

Do you think having [arguebly] 2 of the top 4 drivers in the championship along side Vettel and Webber is going to white wash the series this time or create an even more fierce battle to make sure McLaren don't succeed in their quest to win again?

How about the [i believe] proposed refuelling ban? Good for stopping crap strategy decisions to create a window of opportunity not usually their through driving skill, or simply create a slow and boring first 1/3 of the race when they weighed down with huge amounts of fuel?

F1 - Eastenders on 4 wheels.

2. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

I think the team changes with Brawn and McLaren are superb, as McLaren will still get the superb Mercedes engines for the next 6 year (IIRC) so basically will be more independant and will leave them in a better financia position.

Brawn becoming a german GP team is pretty good for them really, and if the rumours are to be true then its likely that Shumacher could be returning for them next year. The all English McLaren team will be great next year as they supposedly have a great car for next year.... but how will the 2 world champs get on with each other?

3. Bong Guest

Refuelling ban FTW!!11!1!!!

As with anything I don't care about the politics, I just want to see some cars race and shit

4. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Same here... thats why I watch MotoGP and WTCC

5. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

WTCC is shit compared to the BTCC :Wink:

WTCC tracks are dull as fook most of the time, hardly any overtaking and no real action! BTCC is hardcore in comparison!

With F1, no refuelling can only be a good thing 8) let's just hope it makes it more exciting to watch...

6. Remedi Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Awesome news to be honest, i'm a big F1 fan.

I can't see Schumi at Brawn. I reckon their driver line up will be Nico Rosberg and Nick Heidfeld, making a german superteam.