General The Dashcam Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by ArcticFire, Saturday 28th Sep, 2013.

1. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Technically its a BOAT (byway open to all traffic) but it often defeats the Landrover boys. The Jimny is so light it just goes wear you point it.
    It don't look too bad on the video but some of the rocks were 12-18" high. Just need to pick the right line and up you go! :Smile:

legend-ary likes this.
  2. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    So that's who was joyriding in my back garden. :Baseballbat:

1066Boy likes this.
  3. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

If your back garden was like that I would want to rent it from you. My long term aim is to teach offroad driving to novices. :sage:

exec and Harvey like this.
  4. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha, you can teach me then. maybe one day save up for a 1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 4 litre

5. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

The wranglers are cool and go like stink but the price even 2nd hand is too high. That's why a lot of people go the Suzuki route now. :Smile:
    Anyone who wants to have a go I would gladly spend a bit of time advising. :sage:

6. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that's not why I want that specific vehicle....

this will give you a clue as to why

1994-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jurassic-park-replica-12-very-accurate-3.

andy83 likes this.
  7. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Just a thought, If I get more footage of the Jim Bob should I put it in this section? I know its a Suzuki and this is
    a Honda forum but would anybody be interested? :Unknown:

legend-ary, andy83 and Harvey like this.
  8. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

why not mate, its all in good fun, right?
    and if you have a Gopro, why not stick that on the car for different angles and such

9. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Nothing as flash as a Gopro (but I do fancy one) just use my mobile in its screen mount. :Laughing:

Harvey likes this.
  10. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

there are plenty of gopro knockoffs these days that are cheap SJCAM is one of them

11. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Its worth a thought but my phone records in HD and takes photos at 18 MP so its enough at the moment. :Smile:
    I have just bought a new camera that also has a video setting so may try that next time but the advantage of my
    phone is its always in my pocket.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Not sure if I ever posted this on here. Trial competition earlier this year. Please ignore Kate as she
    gets a bit excited. Sorry about the camara angle, I was I a bit of a hurry. :Laughing:

legend-ary and Harvey like this.
  12. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

why can't people use roundabouts properly?

This is the second time the same person cut my up by using the right turning lane to go straight ahead.
    The first time I layed on the horn, the second time, well I was mad but didn't say anything, well if he hit me it would be his fault and it came very close.

13. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

What a tosser, shame the truck didn't do an emergency stop and he disappeared under it. :Smile:

Harvey likes this.
  14. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah, that would have been funny, but said truck was actually a massive crane.

1066Boy likes this.
  15. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Send a copy of the clip to the company that owns the van. I'm sure they will not be happy to see how close he has come to damaging their vehicle.
    Their details are all over the van.

Harvey, 1066Boy and andy83 like this.
  16. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

By the looks it's more of a one man band type company, rather than a large company so doubt I will get anywhere

17. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

still worth a try though. :nodding:

Harvey likes this.
  18. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aye. More than likely, or report to the police, since it's now a crime to incorrectly use a roundabout

19. bbutc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Derby
    Look at the back of the vehicle in the second lane form the right.

I've seen it all now.

1066Boy likes this.
  20. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

@bbutc I've moved your posting to this thread, to join the other dash cam clips.

andy83 likes this.