The boss :mad:

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by tombowman12, Thursday 5th Nov, 2009.

1. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been working as an apprentice panel beater/painter for over a year now in one garage, I love it, it's pretty good money and I get on with everyone in the workshop! But the staff has been dropping durastically in the past few months, this time last year, we had 12 people in the workshop, now we have 5!

Thing is, I know the garage isn't struggling, we are nearly always busy and work is always done to a high stAndard! But still the boss is cutting people off, left right and centre!

My mate who had been working there for over 3 years got the sack on Monday for stupid reasons, like being 2 minutes late in the morning a few times, and making a couple of apprentice mistakes, both of us weren't perfect, but all of a sudden, the boss decided to puck fault with my mate, critisising everything he did, no praise for anything or a kind word outta the cunts mouth! Now he's gone, the attention has come over to me!

I'm desoeratly trying to keep my head down and do all that is expected of me, I mean, I haven't stopped all day, trying my best on everything I do, but still no praise or motivation! Just constant negativity!

I didn't even get any nice comments about my paint work on my car I just painted! It's like glass! But the boss just calls it a gay car! Ffs! Working isn't fun when bring watched like a hawk! IMA start looking for a new job!

Oh well, lunch is nearly over, back to work :Frown:

2. Porker New Member Getting Started

Gutted dude, just try and prove your worth.

Business is business and you just.have to look after number 1 IMO...

3. jd1986 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Know exactly how you feel and where ya coming from, i got the boot the other week for realy shitty reasons

4. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hmmm. strange. has your mate ever been late in the past? im sure he can't get sacked just for a stupid reason!

5. boris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i had this last year mate i told me boss to fuck him self and stick his job but what evea you do don't do it now as trying to find work is realy hard now just keep your head down nd just crack on with it he obvustly likes you other wise you would have been the 1st to go as your the apprentice good luck any way mate

6. iceman Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

id look for another job, i think you can sense what your boss is tryin to do

7. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My boss is like this all the time. He'll pick on someone for a while and then move onto someone else. I think it's my turn again soon actually :Angry:

8. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah, he's a cock!

thing is, me and my boss have been getting on pretty well for months, but all the negative attention was on my mate who nno longer works wih us!

but now he's gone, i can't spend over 2 minutes putting door rubbers in a shitty royal mail van because i'm slacking apparently!

i had a bit of 320 grit sanding paper finishing off a bumper today, it clocged up, i used the dust extration to get the excess filler off the paper, but it was fucked, so i put it on the tool tray beside me, i got a bollocking for getting a new one!

he's just a dick, he only cares about his rally car and old english shit! i try and make a suggestion about his car, like oh this would be good" or "have you tried this" and i get a grunt!

needs a good smack in the face! new job time!

9. Civboy@JSP Commercial Services Trader

you wouldn't see me get treated like that, fuk that shit you human just like him don't let that twat walk over you end of the day if your doing a good job gettin the work out on time whats the fuking problem? i think he may be having wife problems at home and taking it out on you guys i would tug him

10. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Civboy, I think you might be right man! He is always at work when I get there at 8 and still working when I leave at 5:30, working on his shitty rally car! His mrs never looks happy with him!

And I think he may be getting a "tug" off the brown nosing mechanic apprentice! He's a right scrote!

11. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As a precaution look for another job

12. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm on it mate! I will find a better garage!

Turns out he's also returned a parcel I had delivered to work! I ordered some interior lighting for another project and it arrived yesterday and I got an email to say I had a refund for returning the parts! I fuckin hate him! He's against all cars that look nice or aren't old or English! Old cock!

13. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Put some ford badges on your car he may change his views then! Sounds like a cock think its a thing with bosses/managers that they do like picking on certain people then moving on to the next has happened to me in the past. I would personally try and get out, staying there unless he changes is not going to do you much good in the long run. Negativity at work is a bad thing will lead to you really hating your job.