Show Us Your Car The Best 1st Generation U.K. Spec Ever!

Discussion in '1st Generation (1984-1985)' started by Rydo, Saturday 26th Nov, 2016.

1. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    This is currently sitting on Classic Car for Sale and is really tempting me to ask the bank for some money.

I've already wrote to Honda to ask them to consider it for their heritage fleet, especially considering the importance of the Jazz for their UK operations.

'Well this is something a bit different its a 1985 Honda Jazz, yes they did make them as far back as the 1980's. Only sold in the UK for 18 months or so they are now rare with only 7 on the road. Originally sold in Japan as the CITY and nicknamed the TALLBOY.

The Jazz has only had 1 previous owner and has done 44,500 miles from new , its MOT'd for 12 months and has just had a new battery, cam belt change and service as well as other work. It comes with its original owner pack with handbook , service book ( stamped ) , guarantee card , Honda owner card, even the dealer who sold its own card from the dealer and showroom brochure. Also after some research I also have a copy of the dealers original bill for them buying it.

Mechanically its sweet as a nut and quite a nippy motor , even though its just a but bigger than Kei car size its got a 1200cc engine.

Its a very quirky car being quite tall meaning great headroom and space for its size, lots of storage places for glasses handbooks and even has a dash top can cooler. Other features are its round headlamps removable sunroof and a flip down grille to access the plugs for changing.

Its a great car and will turn heads and at a car shows you are very unlikely to see another especially kept in original spec like this. '

No asking price for the car has been shared on the ad.

8021044. 8021046. 8021048. 8021050. 8021052. 8021054.

jazzway and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Absolutely stunning I am so tempted to get this...just been vetoed the boss just seen the screen.

Rydo likes this.
  3. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    I've received a reply form Honda UK via their contact us page on the website. They have provided the UK head office email and asked me to contact them directly! I think it would be silly for them to pass it up especially with the amazing original things like invoice from new etc! From the photos it appears to be just right too.

Facebook team have said they have passed my message forward.

Do you have any contacts @Ichiban that would deal with this?

4. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I hope HUK get this one as for such a long time they have dismissed this particular Jazz as the first generation. Hopefully they get it. I am making a few phone calls.:Wink:

Rydo likes this.
  5. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Exactly Ichiban, I can half understand why they would want to write it off as maybe they would be trying to bury the 'failure' of the car but that shouldn't be the case in my opinion.

When I first seen a silver on for sale a year or two ago I wondered if the listing was correct until I did a little research to see yes indeed it was a U.K. car at one point.

6. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I was very close to buying a silver one but didn't get it cause insurance was classing as just an old car while fiestas and VW of similar era are now considered classics. £1500 insurance was a bit much for a second car. This one looks stunning and in the right colour.

The silver one i saw was looking for a safe home and the 92 year old lady didn't want a new driver to thrash it. I wonder where it is atm

Rydo likes this.
  7. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    I to our saw a couple of silver ones. Someone has recently added a silver one to the club garage, see if you can find it. Might be the same one!

8. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
  9. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    It was this one

IMG_5178.JPG IMG_5179.JPG IMG_5180.JPG IMG_5185.JPG IMG_5187.JPG IMG_5188.JPG

Attached Files:

Rydo and Ichiban like this.
  10. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    Wow, what a great first Jazz!! And for a 31 old (red) car it looks in a beautiful condition!

Why do they have dismissed this Jazz as the first? Yes, it is a complete different design than the later generations, but is that not with all models and car brands through generations?