Body, Paint & Styling The 5th Generation CR-V Impressive Japanese build Quality

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by Ichiban, Sunday 23rd Sep, 2018.

1. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    The Honda gods are finally shining down on us, the last three CR-V have been made in the UK and I have never been an advoadate for them until now. So no more Swindon bashing from me on CR-V its finally coming from Japan.

I took my Jazz for it first service at HH and finally met her in the flesh. I may repalce my aging 7th Generation with a 2.0 Hybrid. Honda has to be appuded to pull the plug of the horrid waesel engine.

The proof its made in Japan

IMG_5436.
    Even The battery is made there, that gives you an idication the early models will have a higher Japanese quality parts
    IMG_5434.
    The tiny 1.5 Turbio engine higher power output as this is an Auto box

IMG_5432. IMG_5437. IMG_5438. IMG_5424. IMG_5425. IMG_5426. IMG_5427. IMG_5435.
    IMG_5443. IMG_5442. IMG_5441. IMG_5440. IMG_5439.

andy83 and Nels like this.
  2. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

I'll be expecting a thorough, in depth review from you when you've got your hands on one.
    This is what I've been waiting for too, though it will be a while before I'm ready to trade in my Accord.

3. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    yummy a japan CR-V and that one is an auto :Smile:...

4. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    About time.
    If they could get the underside rust protection right as well, it would be perfect.

5. gasman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom gasman Warrington
    Nice pics. They say that with car production being largely robotic, the country of production does not matter. But my personal experience is that a Japanese car manufactured in Japan gives a different ownership experience (I have 2 cars same make and model in the household, one slightly older Japanese made, the other made in England).

andy83 likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    It's a nice looking vehicle, and I especially like that Honda are offering a wood trim finish inside. Aluminium etc. is so overdone these days...

Possibly my next car in a couple of years.

andy83 likes this.
  7. TheDarkKnight Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The shut lines on that closed boot door are shocking!

And thats made in Japan? Unforgiveable.

Still not sold on the interior - especially that slapped on Tablet/Connect/Satnav. No design integration at all - for a near £40k car, its urine-poor.

I wasnt sold on the interior when I drove it last year in the USA, but will definitely sample the hybrid when it arrives next year to see how it performs.

8. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

I don't believe it's actually shut, just pulled down.
    This is a Japanese built Honda, not a Audi. :Whistle:

9. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    looking at pics close up I agree …..

10. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    They didnt have demostrartor cars when I went Nels. I am more intrested in the Hybrid which will land in Jan/Feb 2019 .

andy83 likes this.