General The 2019 Formula 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Nels, Monday 19th Nov, 2018.

1. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thanks for that Nels, if only mr lottery would pay up and I could go to a full season of F1!

Nels likes this.
  2. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

If only!

3. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Expecting another Mecedes 1- 2, and providing Ferrari don't mess up strategy again a Ferrari 3 - 4

If Leclerc doesn't get Verstappen at the start, expecing an easy pass with DRS on lap 3.

4. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was half right :Laughing:

5. Duc de Pommfrit Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Canada Chester Northumberland
    I didn't enjoy this race, I even got up after 40 minutes and did the hoovering. :cleaning:

6. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Monaco up next in a few weeks, and while the track is completely unsuitable for modern F1 cars and the racing is never any good, I still quite enjoy the weekend.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can recommend the Netflix series on F1, it doesn't cover Ferrari or Mercedes which is a bonus.

Look out for Pierre Gasly face when is he takes delivery of his NSX, one happy driver.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  8. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    i did !! i enjoyed Verstappen making the ferrari,s look less than ordinary :Grin: and with a honda engine !! i honestly really didnt see that coming !!! a bit more boost and he,ll be kicking the mercedes into touch !!!!

9. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The race showed Monaco is not a race circuit and the penalty system is wrong, driver endangering the race, driver endangering other drivers and trivial penalties, in general why does a gearbox failure penalise the driver - why not just points off the manufacturer or even sub divide into pit lane also, food for thought

10. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Great to see Honda bringing a more powerful PU to France!

France 2019.

Attached Files:

11. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Austria 2019.

Attached Files:

12. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good race this weekend, hoping Verstappen doesn't get a penalty even though it was a slightly naughty move!

ACC-CDI-2T and Nels like this.
  13. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Richard Milton keynes
    Nothing naughty about it. Max steered right throughout the move. Door was left open by LeClerc. Clean move that stuck. LeClerc lost the corner and steered in to MAx, which you clearly see from the onboard with Max.

Nels likes this.
  14. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Honda is back again :BooYeah: .. just gives you wings ..:gohonda:

Last edited: Sunday 30th Jun, 2019
    Nels likes this.
  15. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

16. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

McLaren.................................one more bad decision comes home (ahead of them) to roost

17. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Honda was always going to win at F1 again. It was just a matter of time.
    Absolutely fantastic result. Well done Red Bull and well done Honda! :gohonda:

:Whistle:

ACC-CDI-2T and MattBeardless like this.
  18. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I';m looking forward to my morning meeting tomorrow now. We better have the champagne there :vtec:

MattBeardless likes this.
  19. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No issues with the move.

He could have left Leclerc more room on the exit, but it was 100% Max's corner at that point. Leclerc could have either backed off, or taken to the run off (Easy to say sat that on my fat arse watching!)

Definitely the right decision not to penalise.

Not sure what this means for Gasly now though, getting lapped by your team mate who went on to win after a bad start - Wonder if they'll chuck Kvyat back in after the summer break.

20. Duc de Pommfrit Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Best race of the year, strange how it followed the worst, think France is a terrible circuit and looking at all the empty seats so do the French!

And thank you Raikkonen.
    15421180-0-Kimi_Raikkonen_gave_Lewis_Hamilton_the_middle_finger_after_he_bl-a-17_1561834526960.