tein superstreets or meister r's

Discussion in 'MeisterR' started by civicdave, Sunday 22nd Nov, 2009.

1. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thinking of purchasing some coilovers, just wanted to get people thoughts as obviously everyone rates the teins but there no comparison to the meister's nor has there been any reviews of them for an EP3 yet.there similar money too as the tein's are

2. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Meister R's all the way.. I loooove mine :Grin:

3. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol thanks for the quick response, what are they fitted to?

4. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i would say mesiter r :Smile: i don't have personal experience but from seeing what every one else says, money to quality is spot on

5. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

EK4 vti.. Frank the wank.. Search my posts for the build up's :Grin:

6. s-ep Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think the Meister R's will be the best option, as my mate had a set of tein superstreet and he is having so many problem with them.

7. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

like what exactly?iv heard the top mounts can knock, my mate had a set on his DC2 and it went round corners like sh*t stuck to a blanket lol, although i think the LSD prob helped alot.

8. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

tein super streets all the way mate in my opinion i have first hand experience as i have them on my ep Civic and i have driven my mates EP3 with BC coilovers in my opinion both BC and Meister R's are both new and budget makes, but they don't absorb the road bumps and everything that great in my opinion but i maybe wrong but just sharing advice like you asked mate. but end of the day mate tein are more expensive but you pay what you get.

9. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeh thats what i thought but the meister r's have had good reviews and are only budget due to being an 'un branded' make and arent made in japan which bumps the price up alot. i wouldn't say they were a poor quality product, if you don't have first hand experience of them as it could cause offence and could be damaging to his business as he is a trader on here so please only state your opinion on them if youv'e used them. otherwise thanks for your imput in relation to the superstreets much appreciated in making my head scratch lol. and tom said the meister r's are a better quality product compared with the d2's and the bc's.

10. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well I have them and they are MINT... Also excellent and easy to adjust :Grin:

11. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

how do you find the ride comfort?im really looking for ep owners opinions tbh as the suspension set up is different on an EK due to the double wishbone system.

12. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

tbh its quite hard but that could be the way I've got them set, its also nice and its not bouncing all over the place... the cars just a whole load better :Grin:

13. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

If i had around 500 to play with on coilovers without a dbout i go for Meister R's as you sed they have great review and i drivem my mates EG with them on but Meister R's test car was a b20 EG so they must of been good. But i do think out of BC,D2's i would pick Meister R's.

And to be honest the ride is really bad if ur sitting in the back of my car, but i always drive on the hardest setting and my car is all strutbraced up so chassis is really stiff.

14. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use B.C Racing coilovers, they are pretty good, I read the review on meisters, seem good too. Most coilovers around 500/700 quid are gonna be bumpy! After all your going to be tightening them on different settings so its going to be likely u hit shit potholes around uk roads.

15. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It also depends on who sets up your coilovers + fast road setup! As you lower the car, you camber will be out. To get a decent setup you need a decent tuner garage. For us people in the South, its TGM.

16. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Well, I probably will give bias opinion, so I will only lay some "facts" out.

Tein Super Street: Single Perch Coilovers Design, TwinTube Adjustable Dampers. Top Mount is extra cost.

MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers: Dual Perch Coilovers Design, MonoTube Adjustable Dampers, Top Mount is included.

Zeta-R Also come with a newly design "straight" Steering Arm.

This reposition the standard track rod end to a lower position thus allow the angle of the track rod to remain close to standard on a lower ride height; this reduce "bump steer" issue face by many owners with lowered suspension.

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57743

EP3coilovers.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 23rd Nov, 2009
  17. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yo tang, you can have a go in my car again once I get TGM to adjust the coilovers with a proper fast road setup.

18. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

these meisters actually seem to be quite a sorted product.

they have all the features and more that you find elsewhere, and are perfect for ultra low drops which can then achieve the best handling.

if the build quality is good, the meisters look sick.

kinda wishing i'd seen them when i was buying my buddyclubs.

cheers :Grin:

19. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I didn't know about these meisters till a friend told me about them. So then I did some research on these on this forum and read the review. I would have considered buying these instead of B.C racing if it was a few months back. Although I was debating on mugen dampers at the time too.

20. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im going to sell my superstreets to get meisterR's , the superstreets are really good but just a bit too soft for what i want, still very good suspention tho, The meisterR's well out-spec the teins tho 8)