Needs Repair Tankrat III

5th Generation (1992-1995) vehicle added by MattBeardless, Wednesday 30th Jan, 2019

1. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    Matt at H-Tune added a new Honda to the garage:

Tankrat III

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

Well, I got lucky there... tyre balooned, other side still had 3mm on, car's aligned perfectly, no play in any of the ball joints... just an old tyre that didn't want to live any more. Poor maintainence on my part. :c

Replaced for 2x Falken Ziens (195/45 R16) - gained about 10mm of arch gap on the front.

lR4FUxc_Wp4Mf2viHXkLPW2eCZvo_XOsnxElt-wsGcbYlfZoYsM4hgSrIm2wpzcdca6_Fx5-w&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.

3. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
    That looks like it's got a hefty camber issue but you say it's aligned properly?

It wasn't underinflated over a long period of time, was it?

4. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

I have a feeling this was the root cause, in all honesty that's the side that sits closest to the wall in the drive - as I barely drive the thing I've not recently checked it.

Alignment and camber wise it's mirrored on the front pretty much perfectly with Hardrace arms and track rod ends. I can't see any reason why that's changed after inspecting the suspension.

The tyre itself seems to have bubbled and it's then finally split/burst this morning. I assumed a slight drivetrain vibration was the usual inner CV joint, evidently not.

5. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

Update: on the way home, literally 3 hours after I wrote my last reply, the exhaust fell off. Snapped the centre rubber hangers somehow, resulted in damage to the gaskets and the rear section, so I've bought a standard system to put onto it.

Yes, it's quieter...but it'll do, and it'll pass emissions.