Engine & Gearbox t70 on a b16a2

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by callan, Saturday 28th Nov, 2009.

1. callan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

gt35 on a b16a2

What you guys think? 10 psi on stock internals, be around 320-330fhp wouldn't it? what would lag be like?

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 28th Nov, 2009
  2. Porker New Member Getting Started

Srsly

?

No. Just no.

3. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

far to big for a completely standard b16 lol

4. callan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

what would you guys think? wouldn't mind something different from the usual to4e i have at the momment

5. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Garrett-Turbo-GT2554R-aka-GT25R-Turbocharger_W0QQitemZ170353050474QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27a9d5436a

with the optional t3 flange!

6. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

or maybe a gt28 from a 200sx

7. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you should make full boost before VTEC so shouldnt be a problem

i say go for it be different

8. kaptain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you would engage VTEC faster than the turbo... imagine, laggy VTEC for the lose

9. zombie86c Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

would be crap on the streets i recon..my oppinion tho..

10. callan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i don't mind, i love no traction and lag :Grin: Then a massive BANG :Grin: haha

my starlet was bad, 4,000 RPM 1.1 bar, and was going to be 5500 on td05 at 2 bar :Smile:

i think im gonna try the t70 route at 10 psi, if the b16a2 pops il get a b18c4 which will take to the t70 a treat im sure, so I've been told !

11. Majeed Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ur gona need more than 10psi for that thing to spool. Not gona work.

12. callan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

theres quite a few I've found :Smile: 10 psi on t70's, even 6 psi :Smile: theres 1 or 2 examples on youtube of 10 psi on a b16a2, around 280whp

13. zombie86c Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

maybe so mate but im not sure how driveable it would be..its not all about the figures. Look at s13's: 2 litre engine with a T25/T28- make good power with a small turbo. I recon you would be better off with something smaller if im honest

14. TDi North Commercial Services Trader

Anything can be made to work :Smile:

I say do it! throw some slicks on it, report back to civiclife and tell us how fun it was :Tongue:

15. tubbyandy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Id love to see if this atually happens. keep us updated!! What are you actually going to use the car for? I think you'd get whipped all over if its a street car, same depending how twisty a track would be. I can't undersand the loving lag thing, get a nice responsive turbo on it, build the engine and wind the boost up for the power and ENJOY!!!

16. tubbyandy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just looked at another post by you. Have you actually turbo'd your civ yet?? If you havent you might find the turbo you have already is laggy enough mate

17. callan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

not yet nope, saving more more parts for build, just doing it all right before i build it, the to4e i have at the mo is tbf in shit condition, some prick has tried rebuilding it and failed hence why i don't want to spend

18. imran_akn Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wouldn't the s9b be more suited for boost?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 29th Nov, 2009
  19. tubbyandy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im getting rid of my Y21 as the gearing doesnt feel right for boost. How much do you have to play with mate. I think you'll get owned in a T70 Civic on the road. Then again why do you want to run low boost on it if your building it up properly mate?

20. callan Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

shall see about the box, i doubt il get owned, when it comes on boost itll be mental, :Grin: