Swine Flu Jab

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by shawthing001, Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009.

1. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well as I'm pretty sure most of you are aware, the have started rolling out the swine flu jab to certain people who they deem require it (old, young, ill etc etc). Anyways I fall into needing it due to a family member being being vunerable to catching it. Anywayz I had my jab on Friday morning, I have had the normal flu jab for the last 5 years and been fine. No numb arm, or cold afterwards. So I thought easy have a quick jab and of to work I go. Wake up Saturday morning with the worst headache, blocked nose, and sore throat imaginable!

So basicly they said that if you have swine flu once, you won't have it again. Also that the jab will prevent you from catching swine flu. Yes it does by making you have a pissy crap version of it for a few days so your body fights it. You would think after all these years doing flu jabs they could come up with a way to make sure you don't feel shit after a swine flu jab.

What a pile of shit.....

2. JDMHatch Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unlucky mate

I got immune to it the hard way

Caught it when I was in Magaluf lmao

3. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds right, you were given abit of flu so your body builds a defence towards it. but that bad? imagine the real thing! and btw its meant to hit males worse so yeh :Tongue:

4. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh I know how they work :Grin: it's just shit you have to actually be ill for it to work.

5. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

had my one doen today, feel really shit still

6. bad_ass Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

it hits men worse as we get the stronger variant 'man flu' way worse then this swine flu or bird flu. :Wink:

7. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

well that is what vacination is, giving you a small ammount of the/similar virus! But yeah that sucks ass actually getting it!

8. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had my first flu jab since I was a child a few weeks back, no reaction (sore arm for a few hours) and then the quack foned up that I've gotta go in for the swine flu one as well (similar situation as shawthing) - getting mine on saturday, was told that they give you a mild form of the virus and was recommended I stay isolated for a few days :Tongue: , not looking forward to it though

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009
  9. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh I got told the same, this is when I'm pleased I never got the full shindig! but yeh it's not fun, felt better today though so hopefully it's gone by end of tomorrow!

10. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was meant to say, getting mine on Saturday - I've already cancelled the appointment once, was meant to have it last Monday :Tongue: .

It'll be worth it hopefully in the long run mate, I've spoken to about half a dozen doctors in family and friends and they've all said that if you're being offered the jab, get it!

11. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I guess it is to be fair, but still shitter feeling like shit for a few days afterwards.

12. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^you big girl's blouse :Grin: