stupid comments in ppls threads

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by tomcyk, Monday 23rd Nov, 2009.

1. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

you start a thread with a problem....and its a Civic board so you wait like on the needles for someone to reply, than you see someone did.... and its stupid fucking comment that has nothing to do with the fuckin topic....

and next few replies is like "lol" or "that made me laugh" or some other bullshit that is totally irrelevant....

if its a fucking technical thread don't frikking spam in there and destroy ppls topics...

if you feel the need to make a silly comments just go spank your monkey, or watch some teenage mutant ninja turtles and comment on that...but not in my bloody topic !!

rant over...:Angry::Angry::Angry:

2. spudders Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

This is the only forum I've been on where you can go on a for sale thread and the entire first page bar the first post is people saying

"nice car mate GLWTS"

if i was selling a car and i logged in to find 10 replies to my for sale thread and they all said that i would be well pissed off.

3. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

just a bit of banter, and being friendly, you don't have to allways be so formall about things lol

4. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

lol that made me laugh.

5. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I get what you mean, sometimes it's in good faith/humour though, the GLWTS stuff I think isn't that big of a deal but I had the same thing in a thread I made in 6th Generation. I wanted people's opinions on engines not whether or not they thought my financial situation was enough to cover what I was spitballin about. Oh well. As you probably know, there are idiots on every forum.

6. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this drives me fucking loopy

i hate it....FS topics should be locked straight away!

7. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL.

Chin up, theres aload of cocks on this forum!

8. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

James I can't believe you changed your avatar, I'm missing the popped collar already :Frown:

9. Mrs_Jonnay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't you have moderators on here!?

10. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol yeah we do

11. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well these are clearly elementary questions you are asking. Googling the answers should be easy - try doing some of your own research. This is coming from one of the core of people who consistently provide technical help on this forum and keep seeing noob threads all the time.

12. Mrs_Jonnay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have they not been to moderating school!?

13. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah there decent moderators ask stupid questions get stupid answers thats usually the case.. If people would use google or hit the search button then bitchin wouldn't take place

14. Mrs_Jonnay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bitching on forums is unavoidable... stupid questions or not! lol

15. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

x2

16. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the majority of the spamming that goes on here these days is due to the fact that you have to have a minimum post count of 50 to be able to post in the FS section, this is why you see so many pointless posts, we are keeping our eye out for deliberate spammers, those caught have been warned, and know the consiquinces for their wasteful actions.

unfortunately you can stop everyone, you can't delete every thread, as then members will then think that your being to dictating, you have to allow a certain amount of freedom, but control any blatent spammers

al9955

17. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have you tried raising the minimum post count? Maybe 150 posts?

18. Bong Guest

Not any more but you have no idea how difficult it is to keep on top of all the spam there is so much of it and its like the same people over and over and they don't seem to notice its being deleted they just keep doing it :Messed:

People just seem to ignore the search function on here and ask the same questions over and over, shame because the answers are already there and like captain slow says it gets boring and repetative answering them over and over

19. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

X2 good idea

20. Mrs_Jonnay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No don't do that... I want to post in the for sale section at some point soon!