stuck with my private reg

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by ngy, Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009.

1. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i have a bit of a problem, i have a Del Sol at the moment, and i got a private reg from my dad in america for my 21st. now its very important to me as it has my first name initial, J and it also has my last name, Ng but at the same time my nickname/username, Ngy;

J100 NGY

so... im going to import a DC2 early 2010, say Feb time. i have to sell the Del Sol in order to pay for some of the DC2 but i obv want to keep the reg. i have been on the DVLA site and i think i am just being simple, but i can't understand how it works... i can either

1) transfer the reg, but i need to have the current car and the new car in my posession, so that won't work?

2) retain the reg, costing

2. RichieB Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

will you have the other car at the same time as your current 1?

3. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Probably best to wait until the new car is in your name tbh, as IIRC it's another

4. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

cheers for the replies guys...

no, i was planning to put the sol up for sale as soon as the MOT is done on 3 jan, and hoping it would sell before feb!

all of this reg business is a waste of money IMO! if you buy a private reg, it should be yours and no more payments should have to be made, transfers etc...

i think i may go into the local DVLA tomorrow and ask them... if flooding isnt an issue here lol

5. RichieB Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a pain in the arse mate.

Go the the DVLA office with all your documents for the delsol, logbook, MOT, tax. . . and pay them the

6. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just had a look on the site, they're just a tad vague aren't they? Basically just tells you the questions but rephrased and then tells you to get a form. Might as well wait for your knob to jerk itself off. BEst bet, ring em or ask em personally. Will be a lot easier unless you get a total mong trying to serve you whjen you get there.

7. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ok, and after paying

8. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

which is guaranteed to happen no doubt! lol

cheers

9. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol probably. You'll be stuck there, papers in one hand, thinking...'does this retard even know which way is up?' Oh well, good luck man :Grin:

10. RichieB Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

11. ngy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆