Civic/6th Gen Strictlyboost's ek 49

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by strictlyboost, Thursday 3rd Dec, 2009.

1. strictlyboost Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i bought a ek4 a couple of weeks ago, 135,000 on the clock but it was clean and had loads of history. this is how it looked to begin with, not the best pic but theres was nothing really to show to be honest. by the way the title (ek49) doesnt have a typo, just keep reading. :cool:

IMAGE_360.

EK9 grills are hard to come by so i had a go myself. cut the slats out, covered the crome with some carbon effect vinyl and got som black mesh.

IMAGE_361.

IMAGE_362.

IMAGE_363.

IMAGE_364.

IMAGE_365.

also had some genuine EK9 badges lying around so i got to work with them aswell.

IMAGE_369.

next was the ride height, i had some a.s.t. coilovers on my mb im breaking so they were transfered over, straight fit no problems, just that the EK is lighter so i had to adjust the height again.

IMAGE_366.

this was after the first atempt, the rear still needed alot of adjustment

IMAGE_368.

this was after a little more fiddling, it settled a little more after

IMAGE_371.

then came the recaros, not the best pic but i was sending it to a friend on me phone and used a low quality pic

IMAGE_372.

since I've had it I've had my eyes glued to the for sale threads waiting for some styiling add ons and i spotted a nice fella called kwai who was selling a jun auto front lip, rear spoiler and a rigid brace, so after a couple of pms i was in possesion of them. :Grin: a soon as i got the lip i had it sprayed in gloss black, i didnt think the same colour as the car would be quite right and i think it actually came out quite nice. managed to find a top fuel induction aswell that gives the v tec that lovely note.

IMAGE_381.

IMAGE_382.

IMAGE_383.

IMAGE_385.

IMAGE_386.

once the car gets tinted windows it should look alot better

to do list:

well as the title says "ek49" as the plan is to get an EK9 engine dropped in with the teg s80 box with mfactory gears, i already have the engine and box but just waiting for the right time to order the gears then ill get everything fitted, probably in the new year now.

i also have a rms style race manifold somewhere in the post from the states.

once all the tuning mods have been fitted ill get a proper map done, im hoping to get close to 220 BHP but we will have to wait and see.

got some EK9 door cards in the post from livvy and i have the EK9 rear seats sat at home aswell, its a matter of pulling my finger out really.

at some stage ill be switching my mb6 front and rear hubs for the bigger brake setup and also the larger master cylinder and servo

still searching for:

some nice wheels

front and rear camber arms

EK9 rear anti roll bar

EK9 steering rack

EK9 cup holders

EK9 rear lip

and anything else that comes to mind, alot more to come wen i get round to it though. thats all for now folks

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 13th Jan, 2010
  2. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looks nice mate! :Smile:

EK9 Spoiler is on backwards tho :Tongue:

3. JACKO. Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

lookin good mate, not too keen on the lip meh

4. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Looking good, its the same as my car, lol... Not keen on the spoiler tho :Frown:

5. joeleoek3 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

u did a good job on the griil m8!

6. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

very nice idea with the grill! carbon bonnet, wings needed now though :Grin:

7. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice seats.

8. Remould Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Great job one the Grille! Looks good mate... :cool:

9. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Love the grill dude. Some nice wheel's will set it off perfectly. :cool:

10. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What mods you going to have to get 220bhp?

11. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

obviously it must be the engine from a k20'd 9

12. hondatunerguy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yeh i was thinking the same thing.. because i swear a VTI has a b16 jus like a EK9

13. hondatunerguy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yeh the spoiler is on backwards lol ... mayb its a new trend!!

14. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not quite, a vti has a b16a? a EK9 has a b16b which has more incommon with a b18c from a ITR and makes more power than a standard vti

15. strictlyboost Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

well finally got a few of the mods through the post, managed to get the manifold i was after, good nick aswell and a bargain for the gains you get. read about this header and theres alot of happy customers. so looking forwards to getting it on the car, just waiting for the rest of the exhaust to arrive, which is a tanabe medallion with de-cat. im hoping to have it all fitted by the end of the week.

IMAGE_410-1.

IMAGE_411.

IMAGE_412.

the m factory gears have also come, tracking it give me a smile as it travelled from australia through hong kong and germany and then finally to snowy england. once the holidays were over, i rang a company called gear torque in west houghton close to the reebok stadium and then collected the box the next day.. all ready to go, can't wait to get it mated to the b16b. im just day dreaming most of the time wondering what its gona be like :excited:

IMAGE_415.

IMAGE_416.

IMAGE_417.

will hopefully get some pics when the exhaust goes on and then the engine swap:Wink:

16. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Same colour as mine! Good to see a few more of em :Grin:

17. strictlyboost Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

well theres been abit of progression, the mb6 hub and brake conversion has been done so i have got the bigger brakes and found that even the mb6 master cylinder and servo also goes straight on so larger capacity aswell. did a deal yesterday for some 96 spec wheels so just waiting for them to arrive through the post, hence im running on stock mb wheels atm. :Angry:

IMAGE_425.

managed to get a lip off one of the lads on here, luckily it was already black so no painting required. its the final bit of kit i needed to complete the car. once the windows have been tinted and the 96 spec wheels are on should look just how im imagining in my head :censored:

IMAGE_426.

IMAGE_427.

door cards fitted aswell :Grin:

IMAGE_428.

slowly but surely

18. killa_vtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking nice mate... The teg wheels will set it off nicely

19. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

is someone pissing in the snow on the last pic?

20. Bong Guest

Not a fan of the styling but some very cool upgrades