Optional Extras Stepwagon RG1 Roof rails

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by Whisker Version, Sunday 23rd Jun, 2019.

1. Whisker Version Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bristol
    My car might be on its last legs, so I'm getting bolder. I've just prised up the plastic cover that sits in the rain channel and i could see what looked like 2 set of 6mm studs. Each pair is ~32mm apart, and the large gap between the two groups is ~695mm. I looked for more at the back, but only saw the plastic pegs, however it would make sense if there were some under the tailgate hinge fairing, since every rail kit I've seen online comes with 6 Torx nuts per rail. This raises the question of whether a rail system for a CR-V/Odyssey/Ridgeline etc could be made to work, or whether there is a generic kit that would that allows the spacing to be varied. You could also perhaps fabricate your own feet?
    The rain channel runs in a single piece from bonnet to tailgate, which led me to think it wasn't meant to be removed, but the Honda procedure seems to be to cut it and the roof rails will hold the free ends down.

If anyone has access to some rails from another model, I'd be curious to know what the spacing was.

2. jd1959 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I thought this might be here check this post to see if it might help

3. Whisker Version Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bristol
    Cheers for the info. It looks as though no-one has found rails that run front to rear, and no-one is picking up on the roof studs? It seems a shame since they are hiding there, waiting to be used. All Honda roof rails/bars of the era have a part number beginning 08L02-...-......, but I've not seen any listed for the Stepwagon RG series.
    My car came with Inno rubber pads in the door pocket, and clear silicone pads on the roof, so the previous owner in Japan was probably running a clamp-on rack, too. Maybe bolt-on ones don't exist?