spring fitting issues!!!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by pattys civic ep3, Thursday 31st Dec, 2009.

1. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hey guys

went to fit my eibach springs to the EP3 today and all went well but one side which as per normal is always the last one you do lol

its on the drivers rear and the issue i have is the bolt that hold the shocks onto the lower arm *the 17mm nut* will undo BUT the bush seems to be preventing the bolt to come out so all it does is spin its self out by stretching the gap for the bolt wider and wider! i won't want to break the lower arm by any means and I've tried pretty much everything today!

any ideas guys would be great?

patty

2. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Explain better dude, the bolt is stuck in the steel sleeve in the rubber bush and seems to be cutting it's way out yeah?

3. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Text me a picture dude, I'm confused by your explanation, I think I know what you mean

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or ring me now and explain

5. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

can't call dude im in bed lol! but you got it in one...its stuck in the steel bush and when its un threaded it doesnt thread out like it should it just bends the metal on the lower arm!

6. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are the shock top mount bolts undone so the weight of the shock is is resting on the bottom arm. I'm still confused, can you take a pic mate?

7. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Same thing happened on both my rear shocks, I dropped the whole of the back end out and used a breaker bar and loads of wd40. Its alot easier when its off the car and dosent take that long to do.

8. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

PICT0035-2.

I took all the arm off, think it was 2 bolts near the sill, 3 under the car. If it helps

9. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

check out the EP3 section yo

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2639666

10. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

NA they were done up matey! il take a pic when we try them again!

its basically the bolt at the bottom of the shock which holds it to the lower arm ECT its foooked! and its un doing as such but its stuck in the bush of the shock so it just pushes the metal appart that the shock sits in and bolts to!

hard to expplain mate but need a way arround it!

how did u remove the hole rear like that mate did u remove the brakes and everything?

thanks alot

patty

11. the mechanic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i had this on a mates car i could not get it un done on the floor as the rubber bush was spinning the bolt the otherway making itimpossible to remove so i took it to my work and used the ramp so i could use a bigger bar.

i think your best option is take it to a garage and see if they can un do it for you mate.

12. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i have a ramp dude thats no issue one of my best mates owns a garage so we got all we need...the bolt spins out the correct way but the bush is shitted! its kinda hard to explain il try get a picture! I've ordered a new bolt now n the idea was to open the old one up as far as i can and angle grind the old bolt either side of the shock....take the shock out of the way then simply turn the remainder of the old bolt out

13. the mechanic Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

get a pic up i think i know what you mean and i just used a big bar and forced it to come out lol

14. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The disc is bolted to the arm with 2 bolts I think :Messed: I only did that because I didnt have a ramp to get the leverage with.