Sold as seen...

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Styles, Tuesday 10th Nov, 2009.

1. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm guessing this will have happened to a fair few people...

When you buy a car, everything sounds ok, all the stuff that they say needs to be done is do-able (i.e rust and rocker cover gasket)...

Then you go and see the car, and it's still looking pretty good, drives nice etc.. sold as seen you buy it...

Get it back to yours, take it to your garage... The car is fucked.. completely fucked...

Now needed:

New rocker cover gasket

New starter motor

New alternator

New shocks and springs

New clutch and various surrounding clutchy bits

etc... the list goes on. and on.. and on

Not happy at all. Rant over.

2. Saint Matt Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Most of that should have been pretty obvious when viewing the car mate to be honest

3. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

shocks/springs you should have noticed yourself

clutch you should have noticed yourself

a rocker cover gasket is hardly somethign to cry home about as its a 5 minute job

how do you know the alterantor and starter motor need replacing? if they were both fcuked you wouldn't have been able to start the car or drive very far at all?

4. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^ i conccur

5. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    sold as seen what do u expect!

6. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know nothing, like nothing about cars really, it seemed alright when i bought it, but as I've found out definately should have had it checked,

it was driving fine, then started squeeling (alternator?). Then wouldn't start next day...

The car is so low i didn't really know if there were any issues etc.. with it...

Just not a very good day.. Knowing that you've bought a pile... should have had it checked out before you bought it and now being stuck with the bill... gutted

7. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

when i bought my CTR I didnt notice it needed front and back disks and pads and a full service,

8. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

own fault, no sympathy

9. Porker New Member Getting Started

Harsh but fair...

10. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know it's my own fault lol, no sympathy needed..

just having a lil rant...

11. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how much did you buy the car for?

12. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

1200 :Frown: waaaaaayy too much as I'm finding out now lol..

Where bouts in Bognor are you?

13. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

north berstard mate, Where bouts you from?

14. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how the fuck did u test drive a car and can honestly say it drove fine and now the clutch is gone? tbh dude if that list was wrong with it on purchase u should have known about them

15. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you should have taken someone that knows about cars with you

16. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm a felpham boy I'm afraid lol... Probs see you driving about if i ever get my pile sorted...

17. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's the thing, it honestly did drive fine... and still weren't driving too bad... I just took it in to have a few little bits like the rocker cover gasket done... and they've unearthed all of this stuff...

18. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

so basically they could be talking absolute shite and u havnt got a clue about whats good and whats not on the car? take it else where mate n get a second opinion!

19. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can i do that? it's in bits atm in their garage... So i should ask em to put it back how it was and take it elsewhere...

20. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where did you take it mate? Not VRV Motors I hope? Most garages will just say it needs all this shite mate