smashed my eg need advice!

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by James91, Friday 27th Nov, 2009.

1. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys a few hours ago i ran in to the back of a motor cycle (hes fine bar a bit of back pain) at about 10> mph. basically smashed my windscreen (had to kick it out one of my lifes abitions) bumper-fucked bonnet-fucked rad-fucked but i did manage to drive it back everything else is as it was and fairly tidy. its only and lsi(d15b2) but its only done a genuine 44k. do i build it back up or do i take my coilys (kw) rotas and feels induction off and break the rest of the car and start on something new? now i loved this car like it was a friend but its going to cost me a bit to repair (and im fairly skint lol) so what do you guys think i should do??

pics :

[​IMG]

What it used to look like :Frown:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/494/07112009024.jpg

2. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Its up to you what you decide to do, its your car and your money.. I must say tho, that lookslike alot more than 10mph :O

3. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

x2

why did your screen break? he ended up on it? :|

4. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I wouldn't be surprised if that was 10mph, EGs fold like paper in any form of crash. Either way it looks like it'd need a new slam panel as well.

5. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah it was under 10 fucking green laners he didnt have a red lense oiver his brake bulb so i didnt see it but i expect im going to get massivly fucked over. yeah i hit him he rolled up the bonnet and into the windscreen jeez if he wanted to come for a ride he just had to ask

6. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Your going to need a better picture man

But you definitely build it back up

7. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

already thoughts of other cars are popping into my head such as an ef Civic i don't think i can afford to build it back up

8. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unless you've already ploughed loads of time and money into this shell, I'd say it's time to start again TBH mate! EF Sounds good :Wink:

9. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got kw coilys green rotas and my feels induction, havnt done anything else

im going to need something cheap as i can see my insurance going up massivly

10. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

it will cost far more than you think to have it repaired. Me and some mates rebuilt mine after a similar low speed crash, but i would really have been better off to buy another

11. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

due to the last comment, breaking it tommorow, looking out for something cheap from now on thanks alot guys!

12. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

by breaking it u won't cover much back

13. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i should get a bit everything very tidy its just the front end but even the panels at the front are untouched :O

14. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bust it mate and get another, iv seen half decent Esi's go for

15. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i think im probly going for a black ef next :Smile: 1.4 duel carb?

16. aaran Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ahhh so your the guy in town that made me late back to work last week. went past a whilse after it happened outside the town hall.(police were stopping the traffic going back through town out of boston road)

my rootbeer mugen b20 CR-X is for sale btw (the brown one, you have probably seen it around) i live in horncastle to.

bad luck btw. could have been much worse.

Cheers

17. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hit it any more centeral man haha bet your gutted tho :/

18. James91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i am the guy yeah haha, yeah iv seen you about mate i love your rex, please don't sell it!

i was absolutly gutted i loved that car but in the last 5 mins iv found another lsi! again with low miles and its even cleaner then the one i ruined! might ask my cousin reeeally nicely (shaunietay) if he'll take me to go fetch it :Smile:

PLUS ITS SILVER!! :Grin: :Grin:

19. R11CH Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As already said you won't get bugger all back by breaking it, i broke my car this year and got nothing back compared to what i paid for it be it there wasn't much to salvage but its a shame. Good luck with it all.