SMART PHONE to Camera remote control apps

Discussion in 'Photography & Photoshop' started by nc26, Wednesday 22nd Oct, 2014.

1. nc26 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So I just ordered a Canon 70D for my company's office use, which turned up today, had a play around, and discovered the 70D's wifi functions, where you can connect your phone to the camera and use it as a viewfinder, remote controller, select focus points, and you are also able to change camera settings; once you've installed Canon's EOS app. Needless to say, I was surprised, and giggled like a little girl whilst playing with this newfound technology that I've discovered. Upon further research, Android has a few other similar apps called:

DSLR Controller (BETA) you can connect pretty much any Android phone to any Canon camera via a Micro-Mini USB wire/OTG Host and have pretty much all the functions plus more from the official app (This is for those with older Canon's that do not have wireless functions like the 70D or 6D) costing at £6

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UNGN10VlcUQ?feature=oembed

Believe it or not, this is actually old technology from like 4 years ago, but seemingly I've been living under a rock so SHIIIITTTTTT!!!! What the fuck have I been doing?!

2. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sweet find dude rekon i could do it with my 550d and my 5d full frame???

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 27th Oct, 2014
  3. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Edit: Ignore what i posted before. I will download it later and trial it with my 550d and let you know results bud! 

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 27th Oct, 2014
  4. nc26 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As long as your camera has USB ports, then I don't see why not! 

5. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

forgot to mention i have the iPhone will it still work??

6. MugenRich Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

can do this on my Pentax K-3. Pretty cool feature.