Slips!! ARGH!!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by 1964, Monday 16th Nov, 2009.

1. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Christ, I know we've had a few threads about it before, but my God is it corny!! I feel sad, watching it at 2am as nothing else is on telly AND what's worse is that there's a 1.6 EG in there and some Max Power boys with a Golf GTI. Fun times. I hope to god the EG wins, to save some face.

2. Civboy@JSP Commercial Services Trader

so did it? lol

3. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pea roast..

The EG did win! :Grin:

4. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

That EG was running on MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers and 286mm BigDisk Upgrade.

And yes, it did kick arse. :Grin:

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58746

MeisterR_Civic_Slips.

MeisterR_CivicBrakes.

MeisterR_Civic.

5. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I fucking hate slips, what's the problem with creating a serious show, with people that actually know something about cars.

Is it really that hard to find cars in the same league that are track ready, it woulf make for more interesting viewing I think

6. stevti Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i saw this for the first time the other night, there was 2 girls on it, one with a polo gti and the other a 3rd Generation golf gti. it really was absolutely fucking shocking!! theres no way you'd sacrifice your beloved motor after a 1 lap race!! surely??? its soooo cheesy!! huey from fun lovin criminals must be gettin pretty shy on cash lol!

7. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that episode was on along with the Civic/golf one at the ridiculous time i was awake. So stupid. seriously bad.

8. Rich4thGen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

horrific program, all participants should be shot instantly. C**p cars, and participants who have a painfully low IQ. I used to like Huey but he must be desperate for some cash.

9. tonycoupe97 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Its all set up, the cars arnt owned by these guys before, they just "take part" in the show. Who has a standard car that they want modified... if you want it done you don't wait for a tv show to crop up you do it. Notice how all the car are relitivly cheap, nothing worth more then 2k which is dirt to mtv.

the american drag version is much better, 2 cars/bikes already modified down the strip who ever wins keeps both. Its good to watch coz they fit like 6 into each show.

slips take 30 mins to have one 1 min race... where they don't actully race, they go pretty slow, and whats with the packages? combo... airfilter and exhaust shit me! don't spend too much with ur cheapy cheap TSW alloys and 5 year old "paint" jobs... even tho there wraps!

would be much better if they went down the track and crashed the thing, but its all a set up so no crashing... or tyre squeel, sliding, high reving. And how much bother would it be to put them on a proper track?

id much rather watch westwood point and pretend to be cool.

10. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Set up or not, it's not tv worthy to be quite honest. Even Westwood shoudl be deemed illegal, slammed in jailed and anally penetrated by 'Bubba'.

I mean what the hell has happened?! I only have Freeview as my parents see sky as an unneccessary expense (which will change soon enough) but at the same time MTV are slowly failing at catering for whatever audience they're aiming at, bar the people who leave music videos on and listen to them while presumably dancing round naked and cooking.

Because of this, MTV has slowly just become, for want of a better word, shit and it's beginning to put me off TV. In fact, that's evident that I was sat here ranting about 'Slips' as opposed to actually watching it.

A much better version of the show would see the people be given a budget of say

11. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is on now..

Civic Coupe?!

Channel 358 Sky..

Should be pretty horrific.. :Grin:

12. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slips- another Civic

its on now with another Civic, this time a coupe

13. tonycoupe97 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

for speed they put a manifold, cold air feed and stainless exhaust... whats that 5bhp? maybe 10?

its sooooooooooooooooo shit my face is bleeding its that shit!

14. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what engine has the megane got i missed that bit? if its a 2.0 then its by by Civic

15. Remedi Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol it's well funny.

16. phizaL Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

LOL. im watchin that too! anyone seen the episode with the turqouise EG!

17. tonycoupe97 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

its a a 1100kg Civic with 120bhp... it may not move!

sayin that mines the same car...lol... 0-60 11 secs... oh yeah!

18. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha I'm watching it too, first timer here... so I am gob smacked that it is SO shit haha ... sooooo cheesy, and why are the presenters american?! haha

Alex

19. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Civic got owned by a bloody french car

20. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pretty hilarious!