Short shift for ep2

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by PerryEP2, Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010.

1. PerryEP2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

2. PerryEP2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Anyone able to help?

3. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

is looks like the ones iv ever seen before and tbh i wouldn't trust it. do you have a 6 speed gearbox as if so im presuming one for an EP3 would fit?

4. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

don't see the point myself the ep has a short throw anyway.

5. lukethelaw Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pretty sure the buddy club shortshifter fits our ep2

6. PerryEP2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

No ep2 with a 5speed box, but have read on previous topics that 1.7 Civic stuff fits 1.6.

Where can i get the buddy club one from and has anyone had an experience with a short shift on an ep?

7. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i can help on this!!!!! i got a bc short shift for my EP3 and apart from a slightly shorter stem to the gear knob its the exact same(apart from a bc sticker) was a li'l annoyed at wasting money on it tbh. not sure if ep2's are the same throw as a Type-R? if not it could be worth swapping to a Type-R mechanism

8. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

BuddyClub shortens the side to side action of the gear shifter, so, from 1st to 3rd.

We are the main supplier for Neuspeed, which we sell at

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 4th Jan, 2010
  9. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

feels very similar to the standard one tbh but had been a few days since driving it when i set in about fitting the bc one. not sure what was expecting from it really lol

10. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

And YES! The Neuspeed at

11. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

I personally wouldn't buy cheap quality items, which are made in China like many sellers.

Spend a bit more money on a known product, and it will always be resellable.

I think the above link shifter, is more for the saloon or sedan.

12. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

so the neuspeed one ur sellling aaron would deffo fit our facelift ep2's? and also is it hard to fit?

13. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

Yep, will definately fit. It is the same mechanism.

14. Dynax Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had the EP3 Neuspeed short shifter fitted to my EP1. Direct bolt on just as it is on the EP3 :Smile: Gives a dramatic decrease in throws on the EP1/2 :Smile:

Should take around 20-30 minutes to fit depending on how confident you are at taking out your centre console :Smile:

15. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

Whoops, forgot to add, they come with complete instructions for fitting, and as Dynax said, can take up to 30 minutes to fit.

16. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

any discount as civiclife members?? and if i pirchase it and fit it on my ep2 and buy a DC5 or EP3 for next car would that fit or not? sorry if i sound dumb i only know so much about cars. because i hear some things from DC5 are the same as EP3's?

17. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

Will fit an EP3, But not a DC5.

Discount is already included,

18. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i see so after fitting on my ep2 and if i get EP3 it be no problem swapping it over? and how long would delivery take?

19. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

No problem swapping over at all, its the same shifter mechanism.

Delivery will be just under 2 weeks again, all my current stock has run out over Christmas.

Aaron

20. TDi North Commercial Services Trader

Lets get a group buy on these, I absolutley love this product :Smile: