Service & Maintenance Service

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by uncleGravy, Sunday 14th Jul, 2019 at 1:55pm.

1. uncleGravy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Gravy South East
    So my CU2 K24 is due a service, my first service with it as I've only owned it for little over a year.

Just got a quote from my trusted indie garage for a full service (Filters, sparks, oil) for £300....£300?!?!?!?!? That seems very expensive.

So ok, I'll go the do it myself route since the car will now remain in the family for years to come like our old 7th CL7 did, According to Eurocarparts and CarParts4less, they don't sell sparks or air filters for my car xD.

Another shocking discovery, had a gander on ebay for service kit for my car, Air filter, oil filter and sparks....£110 and that's without oil...What?

Is our K24 engine THAT expensive to maintain?? Maybe i'd understand if it was a high performance K20A.

Also for those who do their own servicing, where do you get your parts from as ECP and CP4L have let me down.

2. uncleGravy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Gravy South East
    GSF to the rescue, Sparks, air & oil filter with discount code, £47.45, that's better.

What I've discovered though is the spark plugs seem to be the main culprit for why a service is so expensive, like £20 a plug, My old Z4 with the M54B30 engine the sparks cost less and I needed 6 of them.

Anyway, how many litres of oil does my car take?

3. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
  4. uncleGravy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Gravy South East
    Cheers for that very helpful, my car is on 83k miles and I do like to rev it out frequently, shall I stick with Honda's recommendation of 0-20 oil, or something else based on my driving style?

5. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    John Hamer likes this.
  6. John Hamer Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
  7. uncleGravy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Gravy South East
    Cheers for the help fellas

8. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    Definitely stick to Honda made 0w-20 oil for your car.
    Another good place for honda parts is coxmotorparts.co.uk

9. k20a3 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yes they are iridium plugs. I replaced mine not too long ago with genuine OEM ones.