Civic/6th Gen Scuba Steve's SSB B18'd Ej9.....Killed it

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by scuba steve, Monday 7th Dec, 2009.

1. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scuba steve's SSB Ej9 Updates

Hello there all.

Just thought i would start a progres blog. After i finshed my last project which was my 106 which i sorta miss but owell.

I then set out looking for a Civic came across a ek4 sir which looked mint in all the photos i had seen but went to edinburgh to go have a look and was nothing like what i had been shown in photos :Frown:

So after coming home and a good bit of time on the net found a really nice ej9. so set down to edinburgh again to this time be really impressed by what i saw so decided to take it.

Here how it looked after i picked it up.

DSC00108.

DSC00109.

DSC00112.

DSC00111.

Plans are get my old bucket seats in, luke harness's , EK9 lips, EK9 grill , Jap plates ,Coilover, Wheels, Upgrade the brakes, then next year engine work, still undecided what to do engine wise.

Comments welcome

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 17th Mar, 2012
  2. stuarty7 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

looks like a good base to start with love that colour to.theres so many whys to go with engine swaps now its hard to choose which way to go

3. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that mate.

Well slight update just had a ring from the company i order my seat rail from and its arrived need to pick it up tommorro also my luke harness has arrived at the same time.

Really not sure what engine to go for. Somthings telling me go k20 and the other side is saying b18 mmmmmm.

4. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well got my seat and harness havent got it in yet :Frown:

But will try and get them in at the weekend :Grin:

DSC00120.

DSC00121.

DSC00123.

What you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010
  5. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice seat and nice harnesses but don't put them in until its dropped with nice wheels

6. bud Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice base mate.

Wear u get the harnesses from and how much?

7. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well another slight update.

My friend is part of a fourm and came across a nice set of wheels for me, chances are im going to take them and get them fitted after xmas as don't want to ruin them with all this crap weather coming our way.

Will try and find a photo soon as i can.

8. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate,

I got the harnesees from my mate as he is sponsored by corbeau and luke for his track car as he likes knockhill too much :Grin:

9. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Update.

Things have been rather slow with this project.

So yesterday and today had been looking at some new wheels and decided to order a set hopefully will be with my by tuesday this week :Smile:

Also ordered another seat rail for my passanger bucket seat and another luke 4 point harness, seat rail and harness should be here later on next week. then more saving for coilovers :Grin:

10. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Update

Decided to day to order my self some coilovers went for the bc racing as have heard a good few things about them.

Only bad thing is going to take 2 weeks as on back order :Frown:

But once they arrive will be getting buckets, rails, harnesses, wheels, and coilovers all fitted at once so will be a nice big change :Grin:

New Wheels and tyres:

DSC00129.

DSC00128.

DSC00127.

11. Bong Guest

Are those genuine Honda because if so they won't fit, unless i've missed something

12. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry forgot to add there the Sprint SW96 wheels 4x100

13. Porker New Member Getting Started

They don't look genuine.

Rota or Sprint copies?

14. Bong Guest

Ah cool they will look good

15. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

just posted there the sprint reps

16. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks just looking farword to getting it all done at once now.

17. Jameo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

looks nice mate what u planning on doing to the engine mate?

18. scuba steve Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that mate, mmm plans at the moment for the engine are save and get a b18 in won't be any time soon tho.

just had abit of a update on the coilovers from funky power and there going to be in the 1st week of march not long to wait now until everything goes in :Grin:

19. DanSwift1988 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool, I've got myself a EJ9 as a runabout! Decent little cars and the relaibility is there as ever from Honda, just boring as fuck to drive :Tongue:

20. Stew Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Loving the colour, can see it looking great with a drop and those wheels :Smile: