Scammer

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by hondatunerguy, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2009.

1. hondatunerguy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Am so pissed rite now!!! at myself being so dumb... Well i decided to buy a pair of bumpers of this site from another member.. only to be SCAMMED. He charged me 170 including postage for a front coupe bumper in vsm and and rear facelift hatch bumper in the same colour. He avoided messages from me askin about when is he goin to send them out.. first reply was tht he will send them in 2 weeks. Two weeks have come and gone.. and then i messaged him the other day and he said they will be picked up this week.

So today i called him to find out when they would b sent and as soon as i said i bought bumpers off you, he hung up the phone. Now thats suspect.

Just to warn u guys if anyone asks u to pay a paypal account with the address carbonfiesta@aol.com or with the name of sadlers salvage and scrap parts... don't Go for it!!!!!! this guy has a serious attitude problem and will rob u of ure money.

2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear of this buddy.. Not sure what else to say.

PLEASE MEMBERS, DO NOT SEND FUNDS VIA PAYPAL AS GIFT FOR THE PURCHASE OF GOODS..

'stuarts' was his username and he has since been banned from the forum.

Would anyone who has dealt with this banned former member have an address at all?

3. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, but apparently he has an ebay account. I've also sent him a payment for some EK9 rails, but as soon as he got banned I smelled something fishy and filed a dispute with paypal. He has up untill the 6th of december to reply, so far he has not. It was a normal payment for goods, so will see what happens.

4. chrisy2sg Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What is it with people just recently?

Everyday I see threads/posts regarding people getting scammed.Not very nice for it to happen and I feel for you guys who have been duped out of your money.

I've had it done to me before and it seriously pisses you off.

Admin/mods,is there not something you could put in place to prevent things like this happening?

I know nothing is going to completly eradicate it.Surely some form of security or vetting,especially concerning buying and selling on this forum is concerned,would be a good thing to do

Just my opinion.

Off topic here - scam victims,find addresses then go pay these scum a visit :Wink:

5. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you havent paid as a gift I suggest you do the same mate. This is what Paypal say when you file a dispute

6. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I hope I get my money back. Othewise I will be pissed!

From what he said, he works in some bodyshop in liverpool...his paypal has a phone number, so if the worse comes to worst someone can phone and pretend to be interested in getting some parts sprayed.. get their address that way, then pay him a visit.

7. eg6boy1986 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think one way to get around this is if we went into paid membership which is a gd idea i think that for one will seperate the people who actually wanna use this site properly, and if that does accure you have to supply your name, address, postcode etc if you wanna sell items, all we need than is a system were we can check peoples details so your name actually is linked to that address :Smile:

8. hondatunerguy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I agree... i mean its pretty messed up with sending ppl money not knowing if they'll mess you around or not. that number on paypal is his personal number. everytime i try calling he keeps rejecting the call. A true seller would answer and let you kno the deal.

9. andyy_ek Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

he's just pm'd me regarding an rear recess plate

10. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

name and shame,

whats his ebay account ?????????????

what is the phone number ?? you could google it....

NAME AND FUCKING SHAME THE BASTERD !!!

11. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think his ebay account is registered under his email: carbonfiesta@aol.com

but you can't see it due to data protection...but its there

12. DILO_ATTAX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok name and shame:

contact number for him: 07896718250

address (which he gave me): 3 shelagh ave, Cheshire, WA8 6PB

ebay add: jeanettew2007

13. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

has this "CarbonFiesta" not been at it for a while?

i seem to remember a thread about him scamming VW and Ford forums....

14. Gav_ek4 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

was someone a few years ago on fiestaturbo.com going by the name of carbonfiesta scammed 4 or 5 members out of about 3k between them also scammed people on fiestasi.com and on a forum called fiestaguides.co.uk not sure if its the same person but seems a hell of a big co-inkydink dontcha think !!

15. jdm-mike Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

he is a cunt who was probably born with AIDS and need to be put down like the fucking scum he is. but then again being a cheap fucking scummy scamming bastard he probably would nick the needle they were going to use on him, carbon feista your a fucking waste of space and life go die. never met the bloke but i swear to god he deserves the shit he'll get one day.

16. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=148802&mode=threaded&pid=2008901

It would seem so.

It would also seem that he had 2 logins to CL, one as stuarts and one as carbonfiesta.

Both now banned.

17. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wrote to paypal about him, after filing a claim which is being processed. Anyone that was scammed, please write to paypal as well, mentioning his email address:carbonfiesta@aol.com

Lets give him a hard time!!

18. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hope you guys get it sorted out soon... I know what suspense and anger together feels like... :Frown:

19. hondatunerguy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Guys an update: I checked my email today and he messaged me saying:

"contact me through email not phone or text"

how dodgy is that... so i sent him an email and asked him whats da deal and why he hung up.. still waiting for that reply.. but am not holdin my breath.. for we kno he could still be on the site lurking.

20. hondatunerguy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ooo looks like we have a name for this guy.. paul woodward... thanks kowolski