Electrical & Lights SatNav - at last.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by LostBoke, Monday 28th Jan, 2019.

1. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    I finally got around to removing the DVD player and clean the laser lens, and, up to now, it's working well.
    Just a few points to anyone doing the same. I nearly gave up when trying to remove surround, I was quite sure I was going to break it if I pulled much harder, but with a lot of wiggling, jerking and under the breath muttering, the two clips at the top finally gave in. When refitting the fiddly bits of metal in the top of the DVD unit, I found it easier to hold the bottom plate up to top plate ready to take the small screw by putting two dinner knives in the DVD slot at the top and bottom of the plate. And, finally, as the guide says, do take pictures of the top of the unit after removing the lid, it definitely helps when knowing how to interlock the plates when reassembling.

honda_saj likes this.
  2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @LostBoke just thought I'd ask for an update, I see it has been nearly a month since you have posted that you managed to get your dvd cleaned and working again, how is it running? Still good i hope

LostBoke likes this.
  3. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    Hi DrSam, Thanks for the interest. Apart from a couple of mornings when there was a high level of condensation ( I've now got some anti condensation pads), the SatNav fires up fist time. It's a pity Honda stopped updating the discs, a few times I've driven on roads when the unit tells me I'm driving through fields :Smile:

Regards

LB

4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

Hello @LostBoke Glad to heard it sorted.
    Hmmmm, never had that issue, did you recently give the insides of the car valeted?

5. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    'Car valeted' ? do you mean beg the mrs to vacuum the car?
    No, it sounds worse than it was. On one morning the satnav gave the dreaded 'cannot read the disc' message, when I popped the disc out it had a mist of condensation on it, a quick wipe and it worked perfectly.

6. ExzetLV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda still releases maps for 7th Generation accord sat nav's I've dowloaded it month ago and burned it and using it nicely.

newest map update is called ''v3.C0 2018'

7. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

v3.xx discs will not work in @LostBoke 's Accord. He needs a v2.xx

doublevision and SpeedyGee like this.
  8. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    Blimey ExzetLV! you got my hopes up for a moment.

9. ExzetLV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh... I tought all 7th Generation Accords sat nav's are the same so have the same version.. :Grin:
    So then i guess
    pre-facelift is v2.xx
    facelift v3.xx ?

Nels likes this.
  10. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Correct. :Thumbup:

11. ExzetLV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, then :Smile:

12. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

LOL, I wouldn't let my Mrs wash my car, she'll start using Fairy Liquid or Arial lol
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thats strange, never heard of moisture on the disc. Might need to get a electric dehumidifier in the car for a few hours.

13. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    I've bought a couple of reusable dehumidifier sacks. I put one on the DVD slot overnight and change sacks every couple of days - it seems to work.

Car washing : I'm in the 'That's why God invented rain' camp (until the Boss (Mrs) tells me otherwise).

DrSam likes this.
  14. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    giphy.

Last edited: Friday 1st Mar, 2019
  15. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    O.k. I'm very happy that my SatNav is still working well. So now I'm trying to get the voice direction to work (I assume there is one ?). I've gone into 'settings'and turned up the volume, but cannot get a peep out of it. As I do not have a manual for the unit, can someone please run me through how to do it?
    Thanks

LB

16. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

No voice control on PFL systems I'm afraid... It was introduced on the FL V3.xx ones... and to be honest, is pretty hit and miss.

17. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    Hello Heckler, thanks for the reply.
    I think I must may have misled you, I don't want voice control, I want the unit to speak to me, giving me directions (hopefully in a nice female voice). I believe this unit supports this, though I may be wrong - (not for the first time :Smile: )

18. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Yeah, it does that... in the settings you can sort that out and adjust the volume of the spoken instructions.. Without going out to my old tourer to double check, I can't give you the exact menu or sub menu... But it's in there somewhere.

19. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    Yes, I found the volume control in settings, but any adjustment doesn't seem to have any effect, so I'm probably missing something.

20. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Hit the menu button and then settings, you'll be on this screen... Make sure the off button on the second row isn't illuminated, if it is adjust the volume with the +.
    2019-03-25 17.02.49. 2019-03-25 17.02.57.

If that doesn't work... press 3 buttons at the same time (map/menu/return) to go into a diag menu and go through the settings there to check everything is showing as working.

SpeedyGee likes this.