General Sat Nav Stereo Removal Gen 9

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by *PhilKTourerSR17*, Monday 11th Mar, 2019.

1. *PhilKTourerSR17* Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Philip Kellett South Queesnferry
    Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can help me find some information on how to remove the SAT Nav Stereo from my dashboard? I have a 1.6 D-Tec 2017 Tourer Gen 9 Honda Civic. Struggling to find anything on this car online, every-time I think I have found it its either the older model or an American version.
    s-l1600.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 16th Mar, 2019 at 9:05pm
  2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Check this out

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. *PhilKTourerSR17* Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Perfect thanks, found my model number of stereo now and seems to have the same amount of sockets on the back of it to the unit I was going to replace mine with! Wish someone knew if you could swap stereos from one Civic to another even if the model number is different. Not one person has been able to tell me, not even Honda!

4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

*PhilKTourerSR17* likes this.
  5. *PhilKTourerSR17* Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for this. After about 3 weeks of asking about the stereo fitted I started asking about the cars themselves. I think I have sussed out the Honda coding and you thread has clarified a few points through my trial and error so many thanks. Off chance anyone else in future needs to know I will place my findings here:
    TB9 E63. Example of model identification label on Sat av unit. Part No; 39100-TB9-E63-M1
    Sat Nav model on all cars starts with: 39100-***-***-**

The next 3 digits tell you the type of car it has come from:
    Hatchback: TV1
    Type-R: TV8
    Estate/Tourer: TB9

The next 3 digits tell you the model type the Sat Nav is, now what I can make out there is one connector that seems to be missing on some of the sat-navs. The model with a digit lower doesn't seem to have the connector. Check the photos below and you can see on the bottom LHS of photo one there is an extra square connector to the right of the three standard ones which isn't on the other unit in photo 2. I'm not sure what the connector is for and can't check because my screen is cracked. I will find out once my new unit arrives. I'm assuming its the reversing camera. The codes are as follows:
    Type-R (FK2): E02 and E13
    Hatch: E31 or E32
    Tourer: E63 or E73

Photo one is any unit with product number E13 (Type-R), E32 (Hatchback) and E73 (Tourer)
    Photo two is any unit with product number E02 (Type-R), E31 (Hatchback) and E63 (Tourer)

Sat Nav E12. Sat Nav TV1-E31.

The final part of the product code is M1. I can only assume this is the product number for either the place it was manufactured or place it meant for sale (maybe LHD vehicles will have a different number) as this is the same on every unit.

So in conclusion as an example, I have a Honda Civic Tourer SR so my product code is:
    39100 (always the same) - TB9 (Tourer) - E73 (has all plugs on back) - M1 (Bought in EU or manufactured in Japan)
    I'm swapping it with:
    39100 (always the same) - TV8 (Type-R) - E13 (has all plugs on back) - M1 (Bought in EU or manufactured in Japan)

I hope that's correct and helps someone in the future as I couldn't find one bit of information apart for your link that even hinted at suggestions on part numbers. I will update on if this Type-R unit works on my car once coded at Honda, Sat Nav, Rear Camera, DVD/CD Drive etc and display.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks for this. After about 3 weeks of asking about the stereo fitted I started asking about the cars themselves. I think I have sussed out the Honda coding and your thread has clarified a few points through my trial and error so many thanks. Off chance anyone else in future needs to know I will place my findings here:
    TB9 E63. Example of model identification label on Sat av unit. Part No; 39100-TB9-E63-M1
    Sat Nav model on all cars starts with: 39100-***-***-**

The next 3 digits tell you the type of car it has come from:
    Hatchback: TV1
    Type-R: TV8
    Estate/Tourer: TB9

The next 3 digits tell you the model type the Sat Nav is, now what I can make out there is one connector that seems to be missing on some of the sat-navs. The model with a digit lower doesn't seem to have the connector. Check the photos below and you can see on the bottom LHS of photo one there is an extra square connector to the right of the three standard ones which isn't on the other unit in photo 2. I'm not sure what the connector is for and can't check because my screen is cracked. I will find out once my new unit arrives. I'm assuming its the reversing camera. The codes are as follows:
    Type-R (FK2): E02 and E13
    Hatch: E31 or E32
    Tourer: E63 or E73

Photo one is any unit with product number E13 (Type-R), E32 (Hatchback) and E73 (Tourer)
    Photo two is any unit with product number E02 (Type-R), E31 (Hatchback) and E63 (Tourer)

Sat Nav E12. Sat Nav TV1-E31.

The final part of the product code is M1. I can only assume this is the product number for either the place it was manufactured or place it meant for sale (maybe LHD vehicles will have a different number) as this is the same on every unit.

So in conclusion as an example, I have a Honda Civic Tourer SR so my product code is:
    39100 (always the same) - TB9 (Tourer) - E73 (has all plugs on back) - M1 (Bought in EU or manufactured in Japan)
    I'm swapping it with:
    39100 (always the same) - TV8 (Type-R) - E13 (has all plugs on back) - M1 (Bought in EU or manufactured in Japan)

I hope that's correct and helps someone in the future as I couldn't find one bit of information apart for your link that even hinted at suggestions on part numbers. I will update on if this Type-R unit works on my car once coded at Honda, Sat Nav, Rear Camera, DVD/CD Drive etc and display.

SpeedyGee and DrSam like this.
  6. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

Thank you for sharing, great info.