General Sat Nav Map Update - which unit?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Tonymc, Monday 5th Aug, 2019.

1. Tonymc New Member Getting Started

Hi,

First time on here so please be gentle!!!!

Just trying to update my wife’s 2015 CR-V sat nav map, but falling at the first hurdle. Not sure if the unit she has is the Garmin Connect (see image), as when I try to follow the update instructions, I cannot find the settings in order to download to the USB stick.

804EFF5E-BAE8-419B-A60D-EF61013539C9.

If it is not possible to download a map update, is the only other option to purchase the DVD update?

Many thanks.

2. Hatter Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Hi
    That's not the Connect system.
    Not sure if it will be more helpful to check on 3rd Generation forum.
    I'm sure someone will come along and have the answers.
    Regards
    Peter

3. Tonymc New Member Getting Started

Thanks - will try that forum.

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    It looks like it is the SD version, the same as I had in my 2014 Black Edition. The update process is significantly different to the Connect system and (IIRC) involves the purchase of a disc (£170, again IIRC).

Keith

5. Tonymc New Member Getting Started

Thanks Keith. I suspected it wouldn't be a cheap option!!!

6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    that is not the SD version. It is the HDD Sat Nav version I have, but since Honda does not want my business they did not include Cyprus maps. For updating only at dealer.

Note last version I know of was in 2017. Since then I have not seen any newer version. Probably they are trying to add Cyprus on their supported countries, this is the reason for the delay.

Not