ICE & HFT Sat nav died...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordMavman, Sunday 4th Aug, 2019.

1. AccordMavman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hi all,
    So my sat nav has conked and I’m wondering if it’s the disc or the DVD unit at fault. It happened mid journey and I got the error message attached in the pic. I’ve cleaned the disc (which is the original from 2007), which was dirty but it’s not made any difference. It does have a couple of very fine scratches on it but these haven’t stopped it working without any issue for my 5 years of ownership.

I’m thinking it’s probably the unit, but before I blow £170 in repair charges (BBA reman quote) , does anyone live in the Cheshire area who has a f/l 7th Generation with sat nav who wouldn’t mind me trying my disc in their car? I get this is a big ask but thought I’d put it out there anyway... HH have quoted @£200 for a new disc, I’m unsure of quality of discs being offered on eBay..

Thanks..

Attached Files:

2. PeteP Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pete Canterbury
    I bought a brand new 2018 disc for £17 from eBay, to upgrade from the original 2007 version, and it works perfectly

AccordMavman likes this.
  3. AccordMavman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That’s a great price. Is it a genuine Honda disc?

4. PeteP Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. AccordMavman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is great - thank you for this.

It’s reassuring to hear it works fine for you - I’m going to get one myself! Now I just have the small matter of getting the DVD unit repaired...:no:

Thanks again :Smile:

6. PeteP Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You're welcome and I hope it works for you too. Good luck with the repair.