Samsung Galaxy S10

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by Lewis at H-Tune, Thursday 3rd Jan, 2019.

1. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Lewis Corby
    Anyone looking forward to Samsung's next flagship? It should release Febuary / March this year and already i'm trying to get as much info on the phone as possible. Here id the latest leaked image with the front camera being built in to the screen very discretely like a pin head (NO NOTCH!) and the back is looking set to have 3 cameras following current trends, the S10 looks to be a huge leap forward from the S9.

index.

Last edited: Thursday 3rd Jan, 2019
    K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  2. Leo at H-Tune Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom DeviateDefiant Kettering
    The one thing I want to see more than anything else is better camera quality, I can't complain too much about my S9+ however @Mike at H-Tune's Pixel 2 is so much better in low light, and a friend's Huewei Mate 20 pro has vastly superior image processing.

Everything else Samsung is perfect for me right now, I think they lead the industry in almost everything else. Rumour has it with the S10, we'll finally get SOC faster than Apple's own custom chips.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  3. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    @Lewis at H-Tune I'm looking forward to the S10 however not looking forward to the price lol
    Rather spend the money on my Honda

4. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Im quite happy with my S9+ at the moment. I bought it outright so I only pay £7 a month on o2 for airtime contract which gives me unlimited everything. Il likely skip the S10, but likely go for their next one after that.

Although, one of my work colleagues has a Huawei Mate 20 Pro - and that thing is actually really impressive. Its got a better camera than the S9 and is quicker on benchmarks too, and is half the price...

5. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

See i had an S8+ for a year and usually upgrade every year to the newest one but i decided with the 9 i would wait. I lost my S8+ not long after taking the full cover insurance off and i wanted to wait until the S10 comes out instead of paying X amount on my contract to upgrade to the S9. I've been running a temporary S5 Mini >.< until the S10 drops so you can imagine i kind of need this to release ASAP.

6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I won't have another Samsung product in my house. Everything I've ever owned from them has failed prematurely.

7. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

I am exactly the same with apple and can understand how you can loose faith in a brand when something happens like that. I'm a bit of a Samsung loyalist as i have never experienced a problem. What product was it that failed for you?

DrSam likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    You must have upset some at Samsung with your constant sarcasm, so they've been sending you all the duff stuff! :gotcha:

honda_saj and Lewis at H-Tune like this.
  9. K24 CL9 GUY Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I've always been a Sony man and was always very happy with its camera capabilities but I'm very pleased I decided to try something new. It was a throw up between the latest Samsung or the Huawei P20 Pro and I went with the P20 Pro after reading up about it and watching reviews being as the camera is the main feature on a phone for myself. The fact you can get it in twilight also persauded my decision as is just stunning :Drool:
    Screenshot_20190103_184215.

Here is a few shots I took when testing out the camera over xmas :Niceone:
    IMG_20181201_125334_964.
    IMG_20181222_235526.
    IMG_20181222_235629.
    IMG_20181222_142208.
    IMG_20181222_135505.
    IMG_20181222_135441.
    IMG_20181222_132951.
    IMG_20181222_132654.
    IMG_20181222_131324.
    IMG_20181209_210448.
    IMG_20181209_183412.

10. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

I must say I am tempted with the P20 Pro - I know the camera is amazing, better than the S9+. I chose the S9 in the end as I have never had a problem with them, but in hindsight, I would likely have gone for the P20 as well. Im looking forward to see what they bring out in the next few years

honda_saj and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  11. K24 CL9 GUY Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I really love this slow mo video but it's lost alot of clarity uploading it compared to viewing it on my phone.

12. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

Huawei are really stepping up in terms of producing flagship quality handsets and they are at an affordable price. I like seeing a company do well from when they started out. Another that does well is the OnePlus.

honda_saj and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  13. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

The S10 has been announced for the 20th February, release will probably be in March 19.
    s-samsung-galaxy-unpacked-for-s10-launch-to-be-on-20-february-in-san-francisco-image1-iaxt02jgvf.

DrSam likes this.
  14. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Nice - I won't upgrade this year, but next I will. I remember reading somewhere that the 10 will be the last in this particular naming standard. (S1 - S10)

15. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

Yeah, it will be a lot cheaper to upgrade next year but there will also be other models out then too. I heard it wasn't even going to be called the S10 but im glad that it is, I like the galaxy series but I suppose to not look dated they have to change things up.

16. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    as a household we only used to buy Samsungs but the ghosting on their AMOLEDs is terrible and if you break them the screen often costs more than the phone. Not to mention stupidly low internal storage and all the crapware so we have now fully switched to Chinese brands.

Huawei Honor 9 Lite - Octa Core 3GB 32GB Dual Sim for £133
    Xiaomi Note 4 - Octa Core 3GB 32GB Dual Sim for £105
    Xiaomi Note 5A - Quad Core 2GB 16GB Dual Sim for £66

if a panel breaks or anything, simply replace the phone. Xiaomi has so many customizations in their MiUi .. i prefer that over Huawei's but in terms of camera Huawei are well ahead specially in their mid-top tier phones.

17. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I got the S9 from Samsung on the Samsung Upgrade program, (unlocked Dual SIM phone on a monthly payment plan (0% interest !!) for same price you pay networks for SIM-Free, so when S10 comes out, I should be able to get it on pre-order direct from Samsung :jumpy::dribble::jumpy:

Lewis at H-Tune and legend-ary like this.
  18. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

I need to get pon that Samsung upgrade program, however my contract is always the easier option when it comes to new phone time.

19. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Samsung upgrade program? I've never even heard of it. How does it work @RogerH69 ?

20. Lewis at H-Tune Admin Team H-Tune Staff

@Nighthawk Its effectively a pay monthly option on the sale price of the Samsung product and you are able to trade in your old device to knock off some of the price. It works out you only paying for the product with your SIM provider seperate. Looking at the Upgrade Program on google it says its no longer available how ever if you click any product on the Samsung website then you will see the "pay monthly" option just before you select "buy now". I think Apple have had similar options in the past.

Samsung website is always worth a look because they have some good deals on Trade Ins etc, i traded a tablet in few years back and got one of the new Tab 4 for £100 i think they must like recycling the older parts which is brilliant IMO.