RX7 yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by seanyreeves, Sunday 29th Nov, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been looking at rx7's for next summer. want to start saving but has any1 got one or had one? any things to look out for and are they reliable. it will only be a weekend toy and wouldn't be used much and im only gonna get a cheap standard one if i do so theres less things that have been messed with and to go wrong. comments and advice please??

2. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been looking at rx7's for next summer. want to start saving but has any1 got one or had one? any things to look out for and are they reliable. it will only be a weekend toy and wouldn't be used much and im only gonna get a cheap standard one if i do so theres less things that have been messed with and to go wrong. comments and advice please??

3. IntermaN Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can you even get insured at your age? Good cars but they are expensive to maintain.

4. IntermaN Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can you even get insured at your age? Good cars but they are expensive to maintain.

5. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You won't get insured

6. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You won't get insured

7. boro_andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

High maintenance, a lot of bad press due to engine failure but that said i hear they're amazing cars.

Try one first bud, get on the rx7 forums for reference

8. boro_andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

High maintenance, a lot of bad press due to engine failure but that said i hear they're amazing cars.

Try one first bud, get on the rx7 forums for reference

9. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

insurance isnt a problem, quinn direct insure people from 17 with thrid party cover so if the rx7 is my "mums" car i can drive it :Tongue: maintainence won't really be a problem cus like i said i probs owuldnt drive it much for fear of crashing it lol, i just love the look fo them and the sound of a rotary. something i can take out on a sunday afternoon in the sun would be nice and somehting i can actually go to meets with and be happy with showing off.

10. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

insurance isnt a problem, quinn direct insure people from 17 with thrid party cover so if the rx7 is my "mums" car i can drive it :Tongue: maintainence won't really be a problem cus like i said i probs owuldnt drive it much for fear of crashing it lol, i just love the look fo them and the sound of a rotary. something i can take out on a sunday afternoon in the sun would be nice and somehting i can actually go to meets with and be happy with showing off.

11. IntermaN Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That is insurance fronting and its illegal.

12. IntermaN Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That is insurance fronting and its illegal.

13. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes but the amount of people that do do it it might as well be legal. If you can do it, then YAY.

14. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes but the amount of people that do do it it might as well be legal. If you can do it, then YAY.

15. ChrisyBoi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

no my first car was in my dads name in quin and as long as i was the main driver they said it was fine

16. ChrisyBoi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

no my first car was in my dads name in quin and as long as i was the main driver they said it was fine

17. ChrisyBoi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

oh and by the way i used to work on rx7,s for 2 years and they are v good cars. as long a you look after it and service it regular it will be fine

18. ChrisyBoi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

oh and by the way i used to work on rx7,s for 2 years and they are v good cars. as long a you look after it and service it regular it will be fine

19. kev_coupe Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keep posting stuff like this on the forums mate. I work for an indipendant insurance claims assessor who carry out inspections and compile reports for various insurance companies.

Insurance companies including Quinn have claims handlers dedicated to online fraud investigation, and should you make a claim on your policy(or "your mums" policy), they will use this as an excuse to throw your claim out.

don't be a banger.

20. kev_coupe Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keep posting stuff like this on the forums mate. I work for an indipendant insurance claims assessor who carry out inspections and compile reports for various insurance companies.

Insurance companies including Quinn have claims handlers dedicated to online fraud investigation, and should you make a claim on your policy(or "your mums" policy), they will use this as an excuse to throw your claim out.

don't be a banger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.