Rusty arches

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by nuttah69, Thursday 31st Dec, 2009.

1. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

my arches have been done before by the previous owner but they wasnt done very good so now the rust has started to set in again!! does anyone know where i can get my arches done?

2. Jameshop Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

a bodyshop.

take the car to any bodyshop local to you and tell them - "i would like to get my arches replaced please"

that should do the job :Wink:

get the panels yourself (google or honda dealership) to save over the odds charges.

3. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

State the obvious! ment wheres gd places that people have used. i live in croydon

4. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

body shops are body shops.

they are usually all as good as eachother if they have regular business.

therefore, just take it to where you want it done.

its like anything, cheaper they charge , less quality the job is.

so set a budget and get your car worked on whereever fits you most. simple

5. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

cheerz mate.. how much are the arches to buy?

6. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

look on ebay mate they are wel cheap. the cost of putting them in though might not be so cheap.

7. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

oh rite. they rear quarter panels or just the arch?

8. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I just had a look on ebay and i couldn't see any. (unless im blind) can any1 help me out?

9. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

10. sdots Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

http://www.beeversautopanels.co.uk/

They charge very competitively but are not OEM.

You could always contact your local Honda dealership and enquire how much they would cost, might not even cost that much?

Hope it helps.

Cheers

11. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thats very helpful thank you :Smile:

12. mikey_civic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as far as I know, OEM arch replacement panels don't exist, just the aftermarket ones - chances are the problems lie within the quarter panel anyway, not just the 2" of arch that you get with the replacements.

However when I bought a brand new pair of rear outer quarter panels from Honda it was around

13. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Serious? Every bodyshop is as good as each other?! Wow

Honestly, do a bit more research in your local area - 1 bodyshop might charge you full wack and fill your archs up with catty. How will you know? If they do a good job of it, you won't - until the rust comes back a couple months later, then where do you stand? Another place might be competitively priced, and cut out and weld in new archs and make a good job of it. Price doesnt always determine how good the job will be...

You need to find folk in your area who have had similar work done and see how long it lasts, poor rust repairs will return in a matter of months and i can't imagine you wanting to be in the same position 6 months down the line

With regards to sourcing the panels, theyre like

14. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

okay thats much more helpful mate... it looks like when i got the car, the prvious owner has had them done,.. but now iv had it couples months, the filler is starting to crack and it looks like rust is coming from underneath them.. it doesnt look like the inner arches are rotten tbh, it looks the 2" lip maybe 3" possibly.. if it needs new quarters then ill prob just end up getting whole new shell from somewhere because its cheaper

15. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The repair panels should easily cover it by the sounds of things, but if i were you id look into local forums or friends and speak to them, i could give you a recommendation for Edinburgh but thats not going to be much good to you!!

16. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeh i am gonna speak to some mates. i don't really wanna post up a thread on here for a search because everyone just rips into u and says use the search button etc... yeh gimme a recommendation, ill use my teleport machine n bring me and my eg4 to edinburgh... :Smile: ( my family are from fraserburgh~)

17. seductive10 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I got my rear quarters from beevers and the just under

18. stu_cameraman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

my mate had his DC5 resprayed at TGM sports, im sure they would do arches, very friendly people, they know their stuff. i live in stretham Hill, its a bit of a trip but i also get engine stuff done there myself. Gana get my rusty bits done there soon. They might be able to source the rear arch panels for ya, heres the link

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/

19. nuttah69 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ok mate i will Contact them and see what they can quote me??

CHEAPEST QUOTE SO FAR:

20. chrisy2sg Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Theyre kind like half of the rear panel size.

I have mentioned before they were about