Reversed into my car....

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by a2k00, Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2009.

1. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

popped into my dad's shop on the way to brighton this morning, Just got in my car about to leave and I can see this car in my mirror getting closer, He applied the break so I didnt beep as I thorght he saw me, He then reversed right into the back of my car...

[​IMG]

He said im so sorry I didnt see you (despite having parking sensors on his car) and said I work here ill give you my details, I then said "Oh you work for my old man then" and he shit himself. So needless to pay his wages will be going on fixing my car.

2. chris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would of paid just to of seen the guys face when you told him that, actually amazng. :O

3. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, If i get it resprayed it will look gash and won't match the car propperly, Seems honda want

4. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

respray will look good, don't go to honda lol stupid price it will look fine aslong as the painters are decent :Grin:

5. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats not the advice the CTR owners club gave me as the paint is thinner than normal paint

6. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hmm honda's recomended body shop wasnt

7. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that a bit steep dude, still pay for what u get really

8. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

whats steep, 220 or 646 , lol

9. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I you havent got to pay for it, just get a brand new bumper and splitter...

Don't settle for second best because you don't want the guy to be too out of pocket, If it was me, I'd want my car EXACTLY as it was before, no filler, no bodge repairs and no resprays, just brand new OEM parts :Smile:

10. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

True very True

11. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it goes through insurance will i have to declare it as a non fault claim, Or as its not even anything to do with my insurance i don't need to do anything?

12. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom George Lomdon
    my bodywork guy that works on all my mates cars (all high end), lambos and ferrari etc etc would most probably get that done for

13. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok cool, But would it look as good as new with milano red, As its thin and ever so slightly faded from factory?

14. linh-ej9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't need a new bumper just a good respray and you won't even know the difference

15. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

17. jdmlookeg6 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i say charge him 450 get it painted and your be 250 up to by new bits or what ever you want

18. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ultimately if he works for your dad and drives a company van, surely some money will be coming out of your old mans pocket in the end?

al9955

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 4th Nov, 2009
  19. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it goes through insurance....Yes :Frown: So im going to have to get it resprayed, (The bloke will pay for it) I just hope it looks good after

20. scottboy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mate i run my own business doing smart repairs. We use coulor match technology with whats called a spectro. It would match you paint perfectly and would only paint the damaged area. I know the industry is frowned upon but we offer a lifetime guarantee for all repairs. I would charge