Sold Replay XD1080 Onboard Camera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Stew, Wednesday 20th Mar, 2013.

1. Stew Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Item for Sale: Replay XD1080

Price: £175 Collected / £185 Shipped

Description: 

1 x Replay XD1080 Camera

1 x HeimLock adjustable mount
    1 x LowBoy fixed mount
    1 x Flat Base VHB Snap Trays
    1 x Curved Base VHB Snap Trays
    1 x 4GB microSDHC Card
    1 x microSD card to USB reader
    1 x USB Cable
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x Car USB Charger
    1 x Nylon Ballistic Case
    1 x Silk Camera Bag
    1 x Windbreaker Decal Kit (to stop Wind noise)

1 x Suction Cup Mount with optional 4in Long Arm Base

Size - 28mm dia x 93mm length

In generally good condition (around 8months old), this camera has always been perfect no matter the scenario, I originally chose to use this type over a GoPro because of the distortion free lens and it had never disappointed, I just don’t really have any use for it anymore.

The only bad area is a bit of a dent to the plastic/metal where it was dropped from around 10ft on to concrete without the rear cover. This happened on the second use and in the next few months of use it had no effect on the performance, you can’t even see it when the rear cover is installed.

Not included as standard, this sale also includes the suction cup mount for mounting the camera to any relatively flat shiny surface (car windows, panels etc) this give the user a great deal of flexibility and allows for some awesome footage!

All of the onboard footage from the vid below was filmed using this cam.

http://vimeo.com/45033536

If you’d like any more images (of the items included but not present in the main image, for example) or have any questions please just hit me up a message and I’ll get back to you asap!

Pictures:

ec4f5ee4-74f8-49f5-930b-ed8bd4c11e45.

f0607637-ced6-49a1-a3c6-01b05b3e066e.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 20th Mar, 2013
  2. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Approved.

how big is this camera?

Got a pic if it next to something to judge its size?(standard size mug? )

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 20th Mar, 2013
  3. KineticAutomotive Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm torn between this and a GoPro Hero 3 Black. How would you compare the two? This is around half the price of the black 2nd hand in some cases, plus it has loads of stuff. The video was taking a century to load on my phone so didn't watch it to judge for myself. As long as the quality of video is clear, has good sound quality, all the mounts work 100%, I'll take it.

4. KineticAutomotive Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

93cm long, 85 grams fully loaded.

5. Stew Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The only comparison I've really made is the XD has a narrower field of vision, so less fisheye distortion within the frame.

There's lots of other videos on the replayxd.com website, I've always found the quality to be very good in general, especially when tuning the advanced settings allowing more grading freedom. I've only really used the suction cup mount and the rest didn't really fit me needs, they're all a1, the suction cup only has that tape on it so I can identify it as mine.

6. KineticAutomotive Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Okay I'll take it. PM me your details bud and I'll send you payment.

7. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You mean 93mm cos 93cm is ridicolous.

I wanted to buy this, but my request for a pic was rudely ignored

8. Stew Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Oh dude, I'm really sorry I didn't realise, I edited my original post to include the size, I thought it was a condition of approving my post :Frown:

9. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nope, I wanted something I can shove in my bumper where my go pro doesn't fit for track days,

The pic was solely for selfish needs. Lol

10. KineticAutomotive Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nope, cm. It's huge.

Nah it's mm obviously. Smiley if you want this then by all means take it, I'm just buying it to spend money really. If you want it I'll get a GoPro