General Replacing Wing Mirror Glass

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Norms, Wednesday 13th Feb, 2019.

1. Norms Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've only recently bought an 8th Generation 2.2 I-DTEC and the passenger side wing mirror is cracked. I have found some replacement glass with base plate and heated compatible online. Has anyone had any experience replacing the glass? Do you need to take the whole wing mirror off in order to work on it or can you pop the glass out without damaging any clips or cables while it is still on the car?

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Norms Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your pointer @SpeedyGee, It looks like it will be spot on for removing the mirror from what I can tell. But looking through that step by step guide, there is no section mentioning how to remove the glass? At one point the glass is there and the next process of stripping down, the glass isn't in the diagram (unless I'm going blind, which is possible!). Once removed from the door and a few screws taken out, does the glass just freely pop out? I've looked at a few US Accord glass replacement videos and it seems there is a clip or two behind the glass that you need to be careful of not snapping :Unknown:

4. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ah yes, the glass isn't mentioned.

So the American videos may be a good guide then and fingers crossed they are the same.

5. John Hamer Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Power Mirror Replacement But nothing about replacing the glass bit!!
    1. Lower the door glass fully.
    1. With your hand, carefully pull the top edge of the tweeter cover (A) out to detach the hooks (B) and the clips, and remove the cover. If equipped, disconnect the door tweeter connector (C).
    1. Remove the front door panel.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fastener Locations
    : Clip, 2
    B
    A
    C
    B
    1. Disconnect the connector(s) (A).
    1. While holding the mirror (B), remove the nuts securing the mirror.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fastener Locations
    : Nut, 3
    5 x 0.8 mm
    5 N·m
    (0.5 kgf·m, 4 lbf·ft)
    A
    A
    B
    1. Release the screw portion (A) from the hole in the door, then remove the mirror (B). Take care not to scratch the door.
    1. Install the mirror in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
      • Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly.
      • Replace any damaged clips with new ones.
      • Push the clips on the cover into place securely.
    [​IMG]

6. Norms Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆