Rental Car Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Rojer, Monday 28th Dec, 2009.

1. Rojer Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Okay as some of you might know i wrecked me Civic few weeks ago, i have had a hire car from enterprise. The other day i kerbed the wheel about .5-1inch, its right on the edge and you can see it. What is going to happen cause i can't afford to pay the

2. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

blag it and say it was there when you got the car, unless they done a thorough inspection before allowing you to take it away...

3. jdm_coupe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

bad news mate i wreaked my car and got a hire car on insuracne,

and it ended up gettin wreaked as in smashed the screen, dents all over, bold tyres! etc etc and i ended up paying 1500 quid back to them!

they missed loads when they checked it when i took it back!

so don't say nethink and just hope they miss it,

4. Rojer Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yer they did lol, but surely they can't charge me

5. kalvtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:O how the hell did u manage to do that!?

6. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

get it nice and dirty :Tongue:

8. jdm_coupe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i had it for 8 months! one of the longest car iv had haha, the bold tyres were from going to usc and entering the burn old comp haha

9. Kas Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ask to have the car for another day or so and try getting the wheel sorted ASAP

my mate did that and got away with it

10. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i work for a car hire place myself and to tell you the truth we are quite laid back we prob wouldn't spot it we mainly look for major dents and scratches on the bodywork , just blag it was there as its easilly missed when writing down damage before handing the keys over , I've let a car go with rear quarter damage and frgot to write it down

11. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get a touch up pen and make it less obvious!!

12. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its quite likely that they will be very thorough when they check the car over.

My other half's mum got a hire car through her insurance and when she gave it back they picked up on loads of things that shed did not cause to the car.

It ended up taking months to sort it out and lost her no claims for a while but fortunately the company was on watchdog and were doing it to everyone and scamming them so got her money back in the end, hope your lucky.

13. Razzle Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a similar problem I kerbed a 59 plate polo lol but i got away with it

because the car was soo dirty and the old man didnt notice :Tongue: