Renault megane 06 juddering and orange light as come on

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by rybo, Thursday 26th Nov, 2009.

1. rybo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Alright

i know this is a Civic forum but thought i would ask here to to see if anyone can shed some lighton this :Smile:

A orange light as come on (engine management fault), when stationed the car is juddering badly, also a bad smell when the blowers are on.

Lifted the bonnet up and the engine is all over place when stationary (which is why the car is shaking badly), when you put revs on its pretty still though. noise from exhaust doesn't sound to healthy either.

This car as only done 33k so can't see why there would be a major engine fault.

What do you guys think this could be? a injector dropped? anything else?

Thanks

2. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its french

3. b16a2nosturbo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

my first line of attack would be check the compression its low mileage but it rules it out !

or possibly a burnt or bent exhaust valve?

or maybe something simple like a sensor or idle control valve!

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i wouldn't even go that deep

id say its a coilpack, common on renos, leaves an eggy sulphur smell and also will make the car misfire (juddering that your feeling)

5. loveland Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pointless

6. rybo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks guys

this as also been said on another forum...how much do you thinks this would cost to fix? as I've offered to pay for it for time being

cheers

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well if the coil packs I've bought in the past are anything to go on id say between

8. stug45 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

coil pack maybe. could be running on 3 or less cylinders. my ford fiesta's coil pack went and it lost power and cylinders. thats my guess but could be burnt exhaust valve as i had that go at one point too with similar symptoms!

9. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the old fiesta sticky valves lol

1.25 zetec?

10. stug45 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

2003 1.4 but basically same engine.

11. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

a joke

12. twist Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Coilpack, dizzy, MAF, as it stinks thats probably the cat, is it noisy if you shake it? Could also have failed due to a faulty O2 sensor making it run to rich which stuffs the cat up and will give your described symptoms. Take it to Renault to get diagnosed, will be cheaper than stabbing in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 27th Nov, 2009
  13. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I see this all the time, New french cars failing at stupidly low limes, I hope you get it sorted mate, Good luck with getting it fixed :Smile:

14. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

definatley one of the coils! the bad smell is the unburned fuel going through the cat! does it smell like a bad fart??

I used to work as a mechanic and wests cambridge and this is common on twin cam 16v renault engines! the coils are fucking SHIT!!! and not cheap

15. twist Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Reminds me of the MKIV GTi and A3 coil packs, they also fail at low mileages. Buy genuine parts though as they probably wouldve made an updated part by now. Not that ebay crap.

16. rybo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys.

i haven't got time to do it as i have to get off to work today then off to newcastle early in morning.

as much i hate to do it I've had to take it into a garage even though i think there all dodgy buggers, told him whats happening and that I've asked on a forum and had a load of people reply with coil packs as they've had exact same experience's and he said "sounds a lot more then coil packs"

we'll see how it goes. i will reply here straight after he tells me whats up with it and ask you guys what you think of it.

thanks

mate thats sound of you, but as above i really haven't the time to do it my self and need to get it fixed for tomorrow (still doubt that will happen though)

to the guy replying "its french" to be fair with you , thats the exact first thing i said haha "well its french for starters, i told you to get a new Civic instead"

did she listen? nope

its the mothers car btw, she's a assessor so has to do a lot of traveling, I've had to take her this morning, but won't be able to do it tomorrow so she needs it done sharp