Removing carpet

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by EJ9 Munkee, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. EJ9 Munkee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Replacing my tired grey carpet with a black one soon and just after some guidance. I know roughly which parts need removing to swap the carpet. However, i would just like an exact order of taking parts out so i can do it as swiftly as possible. Also any common issues to look out for whilst im at it?

2. Saint Matt Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hopefully very similar to DC2/EK9, here's what I do with them,

Front seats, rear seats, door sill trims, handbrake surround, lower centre console and footrest. And tbh mate I give them 2 small rips out of sight, one at the very front and one that will go under the handbrake surround, makes removing them so much quicker and no fucking about with jagged bits of under-dashboard metal lol

3. EJ9 Munkee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers for that mate. Tbh the carpet thats getting removed is being skipped anyway so not bothered about cutting that. Was mainly worried about slack/poor fitment of the new carpet if i did anything wrong?

4. EJ9 Munkee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers for that mate. Tbh the carpet thats getting removed is being skipped anyway so not bothered about cutting that. Was mainly worried about slack/poor fitment of the new carpet if i did anything wrong?

5. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they are moulded and thin as fuck so you would have to try hard to have it slack tbh

6. EJ9 Munkee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sweet... straight forward enough procedure then?

I did a search on google and read about an awkward bit round the handbrake? Lies?

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate none of it is anything more than nuts and bolts to be honest, its all self explanitory when you doing it, as said aswell if something goes through the carpet then i usually cut it with a stanley blade, i think thats the bit that the search you made said about, just cut it and the handbrake assembly will hide the cut

8. stone119 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just take your time , and label up which bolts etc came from which part . can't go wrong then.

9. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    Label bolts? Stop being so wimpy and chuck em all into the same pot.

Dude, I've taken so many EG interiors apart, i can do it with my eyes closed now...

If you need any help, Hit me up!

10. EJ9 Munkee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aiight Danny boy nice 1 :Wink: