Remaps - Your Thoughts

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by TwistedSanity666, Saturday 21st Nov, 2009.

1. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A few questions:

- Are they worth doing?

- Is there more than one thing to remap?

- What are the gains?

- Is it better to do a remap after breathing/other mods?

2. HondaR84 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are you still n/a? if so you will gain a bit in performance and also in fuel economy. Always best to do it after a mod as well to make sure you getting the most from what the mod has added

3. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not worth it on a standard engine, but probably worth it if you have a lot of N/A tuning bits.

4. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Completely N/A at the moment, was something someone at work mentioned, but I didn't think it was worth doing with no mods whatsoever, or on a D-series for that matter.

5. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What mods you got on what engine?

6. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Soz lol.

Then naw, ridicolous idea lol.

8. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Yep, given that you won't get anything out of a remap.

Time to get a TURBO!!! :Grin:

9. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've heard mixed things about turbo's, so I'm still doing my research whilst I save some some dosh, at the moment, I'm more keen on doing a B-series swap.

10. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yea sorry to jack a bit but im pretty much in the same situation but i have breather mods. and its running a bit rough... so given it is a bit rough would a tune sort it out?

oh and by the way D Turbo FTMFW!!!!

11. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rough running might mean a service is needed.

It's kool, don't worry about thread jacking, as long as its on topic and is helpful :Smile:

12. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yea i don't want to get bum raped for it but it better than starting a new thread ya know :Grin:

yea the oil has been changed and the plugs are fine and has a short ram intake that has been cleaned up but it just runs a bit rough in low RPM so just wondering..

13. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I only got my ECU chipped cos it was so cheap (

14. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

With your mum around now, I don't think people will dare do that!

15. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

egplease, a remap won't sort it out, theres obviously something wrong with the engine if you think its rough

completely pointless doing a remap after a 'basic' mod like induction kit or exhaust or manifold, its only going to be ass dyno that notices the difference unless your happy to pay