Announcement Recent Downtime: Looking to the Future

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by Leo at H-Tune, Friday 16th Nov, 2018.

1. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

It is yes - that is going to be one of the last things to resolve as the plan is to get the bugs ironed out first and resolved as much as reasonably possible. Making the site more mobile friendly is one of the easier things to resolve.

K24 CL9 GUY and Pottermus like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes it is mate. It'll be one of the last things to be looked at, as it needs everything else to be settled and sorted.

K24 CL9 GUY and Pottermus like this.
  3. K24 CL9 GUY Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I was literally about to send this to your issue box as this is proving difficult :crazyeyes:

*Enter screen shot of me trying to type on my phone with tiny writing*

Screenshot_20181211-211035.

4. i-DSI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    What is this?? I have been away for quite some months of this forum (because of the pictures :Wink: ). And now all changed. Nice!!! Good luck Leo and the whole team. Looking forward.

5. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Thanks, @i-DSI, good to see you on the forum :Smile:

How have you been Sir?

i-DSI and Leo at H-Tune like this.
  6. Leo at H-Tune Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom DeviateDefiant Kettering
    The plan with the mobile site is simply to box off the desktop site properly first, we've got quite a bit more to go yet, including the footer.

Once it's all a little more settled and finalised, we'll patch up the mobile site as best as possible similar to how it was before. In the long-run, there's much bigger plans to roll out a full store/forum integration with modern UI. Not to get anyone too excited, but there is a good chance that in a year or so's time we'll be looking at proper Android/Apple apps that build on this further, with full forum/store notifications.

As with anything, it's all an incremental process :Smile:

K24 CL9 GUY, DrSam and Nighthawk like this.
  7. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Apologies to you all for not posting on here earlier, but I have had some personal matters to attend to.

Firstly, I am very, very pleased that the club has been given a new lease of life and send my thanks to all those who have had input into this.
    Whilst I appreciate there are irreconcilable differences between the founders and things had to change, we all owe a debt of gratitude to CJ for setting up this club. We may not always have agreed with the actions taken, but they are, in the past.

I am glad to see the return of some of our previous members. Welcome guys.

As mentioned earlier, this is a new start. A fresh start. A more successful start. :goodluck:

8. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jason Dudley, UK
    Wow! I feel I've missed about 100 episodes of Emmerdale and now trying to play catch up! I'm glad the sites still going and I'll have a read through to get my bearings on navigating the new site. I'm hoping to come to some car shows this year a bill be nice to catch up with a few familiar faces.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  9. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

Racy Jace likes this.
  10. K24 CL9 GUY Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Been too long @Racy Jace good to see you back.

Racy Jace likes this.
  11. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Hey all. Just wanted to say that I am stepping down from the forum due to my own mental health struggles. I barely have the strength to function let alone anything else. This forum has a lot of great things planned and I hope it goes far.

This decision is solely mine and I apologise if I leave anyone in the lurch as such although both speedy and leo are already aware of this.

Take care guys of yourselves and your loved ones.

12. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear this, @Nighthawk but fixing yourself must be your priority. I wish you well.

13. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Nothing is more important than your own health @Nighthawk, take care mate!

14. K24 CL9 GUY Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh no sad to hear that @Nighthawk I hope you are back to your usual self soon enough. All the best pal thank you for all you've done up to now getting the forum back up to speed.

15. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

@Nighthawk get yourself back on the right track and hope to see you here soon. :Drinks: