Announcement Recent Downtime: Looking to the Future

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Friday 16th Nov, 2018.

1. k20a3 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for all your hard work guys. Nighthawk make sure you take some time out for yourself

Nighthawk likes this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    is that you Jon? Zebster! Diesel 7th Generation Accord Tourer whose last update was fitting 8th Generation Civic's alloys?? ... sorry if I got the info mixed up....

DrSam, Zebster and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  3. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

Thank you for the kind words @k20a3

4. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Zuhair. Not sure what Zebster's last update actually was, but you do have a good memory! Wasn't it you who found those wheels for me?

DrSam and legend-ary like this.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    haha hello hello good to see you !
    i think you might be right about finding them for you.. :Smile:

DrSam likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

Just a bumpy guys - I have already had a PM from one member, so please, get your concerns or issues down so I can add them to the increasingly growing list :Laughing: :book:. don't be shy :Blushing:

7. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd like to make the suggestion that the 'swear' filter be adjusted to show some commons sense.

Some words that are censored, are ones that are commonly used to describe parts of a car... So gear knob gets censored because some bright spark thought that the word K N O B was a little to much for our sensitive eyes to look at. :Smile:

personally.. I find any kind of censorship wrong... it's not the words that are offensive it's the way in which they are used... and if you allow a word to have power over you, then you are poorer for it.

That's just my opinion of course... perhaps because I swear... a lot... a really, really fucking lot. :Smile: But I use it for emphasis rather than as a form of abuse.

We are all grown ups after all.

8. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

I doubt the entire filter would be removed but as you say, some words are quite innocent so I will put it on the list for us to chat about on Friday :Smile:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Friday's list is becoming quite long :crazyeyes:

I understand where you're coming from @Heckler

Nighthawk likes this.
  10. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

Well, at present, just to give an idea, the list currently contains 23 other things to be resolved or discussed. This is 23 things ON TOP of the main issue of resolving images and the list is still growing

11. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are you guys meeting locally to @Nighthawk because I'm not that far away from him... don't want to intrude on your meeting. But if you're perhaps popping to a pub for a coffee... ya know because you're all driving. :Smile: I'd be glad to stop by.

Zebster likes this.
  12. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe @Heckler could attend the Friday meeting to ensure that the forum chiefs are fully briefed on the official list of acknowledged Anglo-Saxon swear words, including a spoken demonstration of the individual pronunciations?

Nighthawk likes this.
  13. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

fuck yeah, I could certainly fucking do that you old fucks :Smile:

Translation:

heck yeah, I could certainly fracking do that you old gits. :Smile:

14. Duc de Pommfrit Premium Member Club Supporter

Canada Chester Northumberland
    Maybe they could consult this very informative video on the use of the f word.

- - - Updated - - -
    Disclaimer maybe contain swear word.

Nighthawk, Zebster and Heckler like this.
  15. Heckler Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah... just the one 'word' but used thousands of times. :Smile:

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  16. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

My wife would put the lot of you to shame when it comes to foul language. Shes got a doctorate in it I am sure :Whistle:

Heckler likes this.
  17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    When I had my operation on my right lung, for like 6 weeks afterwards, every time I sneezed I'd get a bout of Touretts Syndrome (verbal version) for the next few minutes. Maybe I could have matched your wife then @Nighthawk?

Heckler likes this.
  18. Nighthawk Administrator Staff Team

You are welcome to try bud - Il just walk away and leave you to it and come back later to pick the pieces up. :Laughing:. Shes quite scary at times.

19. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    Not been on here a long while, it's good to see some movement taking place and some friendly old faces back.

I hope CJ has not left for good as he has a wealth of knowledge and it's good to have proper enthusiasts around, (channeled in the correct manner).

I hope certain trolls are not allowed back in, I can see one back already. Having antagonistic members and ones who seem to hate Honda will bring back similar issues (which have been taken place on other forums too), which will cause problems for you guys running this place.

Anyway good luck, hope things work out here.

Take care.

andy83 likes this.
  20. Dean Vincent Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dino London
    Unfortunately this is exactly the sort of comment which does cause the kind of problems that many members were hoping we could now leave behind.