Rear disk conversion - break lines!

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by mu5k3r, Wednesday 9th Dec, 2009.

1. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

tonight i am helping a mate do a rear disk conversion, we are replacing the rear trailing arms etc, im pretty sure everything will unbolt easy enough. my only consern is getting the breaklines undone to put the new lines in.

this part is often rusty so i imagine a good wire brushing and some wd-40 would do the trick and then try and undo it using a pipe spanner.

anyone done this or got any good tips for getting this undone?

Tom

here are some pictures so you can see what i mean

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 9th Dec, 2009
  2. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the pipe itself doesnt look rusty, you should be ok. give the pipe and union a good wire brush and spray, crack it off an 1/8th of a turn with a pipe spanner, then work it back and forward an 1/8th to loosen it up before fully removing it.

3. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

which bit do ihave to crack off? the nut under the thread that connects to the steel line? and then work the rubber pipe back and forth? sorry to ask again but i really don't want to get ti wrong..

4. jdm_coupe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ahhhhh is that the dreaded sleeve over kit? ooooooo :Frown:

5. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good Set up for a inbetween before u can afford coilles, if have good shocks!

6. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they be ok mate i've undone worse on various egs.. never broke one yet touch wood :Smile:

7. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

they came out easy :Smile:

8. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine snapped what a fucking nightmare they are too fix!