Re-Map

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by qbsfinestkid, Thursday 5th Nov, 2009.

1. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hi guys...seriously need a remapp....i am running the ITR setup on my b16 I've been told its overfuelling aswell.....it has ITR fuel rail injectors throttle body and inlet...and ECU I've heard u cnt remap an ITR ECU....unless chipped or something any ideas of where i can get this done and how much we looking at? somewhere near coventry

2. civicturbo79 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have just had mine remapped a mgt racing nuneaton and they have done a great job .

You will be looking for

3. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

You can use things like Chrom, but they are not that reliable.

The best is Hondata, it is relatively cheap (For a Standalone ECU) and it works.

Where are you located?

4. Bong Guest

Do you have standard cams?

5. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

plenty people use crome and it seems reliable enough for quite a few b20's.

6. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ectune is very cheap 150 qwid installed. and then a remap between 200 for street 350 for dyno

7. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

do you really have an ITR ECU? someones gone to the trouble of installing an obd2 conversion harness for the sake of a map thats no good for your build?

8. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i'll sell u a dastek piggyback ECU version q over 400 new for 200 plus postage. that would sort your fueling once its mapped.

9. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im not surprised your running rich on an ITR ECU when your running a b16. just plug a p30 ECU back in and your problems will magically dissapear

10. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

located nuneaton...yeh i no mgt racing my m8 ric bought his b18 EG from them...i have heard of chrome and was gna get a hondata ...but wasnt sure..didnt no wat 2 do with it and dus that really remap ur car....alot of people say things bout the ITR ECU but i'm stuck with this set up....and i rekon my car wud be a little quicker with a remap or something/....if i got a hondata s300 wat next is it jus plug in or do u have 2 mod the original ECU?

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 6th Nov, 2009
  11. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

plus the reason being i have a stock esi also....and my cousin took it out the other night gave me a real good run for my money til bout mid range third gear.....but i didnt really pull away that far ino the d16's are quick becoz i had one few years bak but surely i should of been abit futher away ...but was still chuffed that my runaround is quick

12. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

dude you need to tell us EXACTLY what engine you have and exactly what modifications you have, how do you know you have an ITR ECU??

and yes you should beat a d16 quite easily

13. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hey dude.....its b16a2 engine....fidanza flywheel....exedy clutch....ITR inlet & throttle body...ITR fuel rail...ITR injectors...ITR ECU all came from a 98 spec r' ...hks induction kit...japspeed manifold...with straight thru pipe...race leads...metal headgasket...denso spark plugs...etc etc....

14. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Put your b16 ECU on, will run alot better, at the moment your ECU thinks it's feeding a 1.8 therefore chucking to much fuel in. Eiter that or chuck stock ECU on and have it mapped

15. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

u will be losing power having an ITR inlet and TB with a 1.6, the p30 ( orig designed for the 1.6 ) is the best manifold for it. get the old one back on

16. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

and why are u runnin a p73 on a 1.6? mate your making your car slower by adding the wrong things, thats why your d16z6 is keeping up with you, and b16s are fast but there not like rapid so your not gonna leave a d16 like its a 1.0 micra

17. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you 'might' gain 1-2 HP from having a bigger TB but you'll more than likely lose pwoer with the ITR inlet

18. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cheers guys i will try source a b16 ECU if uno nebody selling plz let me know cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 7th Nov, 2009
  19. Bong Guest

I asked if you have standard cams, looks like you do, DC2/EK9 bolt ons are pointless on a standard B16