quote please

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by George89, Thursday 3rd Dec, 2009.

1. George89 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi i need a quote as i am aware some of you own garages and are machanics. How much would you charge for engine conversion from 1.4 ej9 to a b16a or b18c engine including labour and engine/gearbox.

PM me if you do not want to say the price on here. Thank you.

2. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

you will be looking at a 1k to 2k depends on how much work is needed, not son long ago i asked for a b18 to be fitted to my car and i was gettin these range of quotes

3. George89 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well how much are EK4's going for this days? i currently got a toyota supra which i will properly sale and need a run about for the time been but i can't handle driving a 1.4 i will fall asleep at the wheel

4. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

umm the last time i checked they are goin between 2 to 3.5k i mean you can pick up a ek4 sir for 4k, depends what is your budget mate

5. George89 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

looks like am better of getting a cheap

6. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

do it your self its not that hard if you have the parts you need

7. Krim Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

im going the EJ9 route conversion,to b16 or b18 but then again you gotta uprate the brakes,etc if you look hard enough you can pick up a VTI EK stock (b16a2) for around

8. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

aye for a b16. no danger will you get a supplied and fitted b18c swap for 2k

9. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

but I've given up on my car as im justtin seelin it now, if anyone intrested let me no