quick question

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by mega-man, Friday 25th Dec, 2009.

1. mega-man Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

is it legal in the uk to take the side indicator's out of the side of the wing and flush it.

like this

2. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you'll fail your MOT,

4. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wud look nice, as above u wud fail ur m.o.t, unless u hav them under ur mirrors, m3 style

5. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yous are idiots

Yes youre allowed to remove them, so long as you can see an indicator from side on then you don't HAVE to have a side repeater. On an EG you can see the front indicators from side on

Having the side repeaters there and them not working is a fail, if they were completely removed then thats perfectly legal

6. mega-man Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok cool.....what if i got different wings for my MOT and then change it back after?

if i get stopped by the police will i get done for it.

7. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Entirely upto you whether you choose to get different wings for MOT time..

As for being pulled up by Police for lack of side repeaters; I think the officers would have to be having severe marital problems to stop you for this reason alone..

8. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Better safe than sorry though..

9. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't call me an idiot. Especially when i.m right. My brother runs a MOT test centre. If your car is made after a certain year, can't remember the year, side repeaters must be present. Before that year they are optional. Some MOT testers go on there own views. Megaman i have seen cars come in for MOT with double sided sticky tape holding them on, and the wires coming through the wing, bonnet gap. This amazingly is a pass.

10. Momin Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Leeds
    You don't need to worry about the police or MOT.

Its completely legal because the front indicators go slightly to the side of the vehicle.

Will pass MOT no probs.

As for cops, the pigs probably won't realise anyway.

11. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just been on vosa. It states all cars registered after 1st of april 1986must have side repeaters and hazard lights to pass a MOT and be road legal. I would link but i.m on my phone. But its easy to find. Just google 'vosa side repeaters 1986'

12. mega-man Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks guys for all the info

13. Edd Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Listen to this man - not the others.

14. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Guess i must have just made that up out my head then, ohwell

15. mega-man Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i've seen it smilley792 your right but you only need them for MOT

16. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well yeah. I knew the answer, got questioned so did the leg work to prove i was right, and told you how to find it. You on the other hand. Have choice not to back up your theory, but instead act the big man behind your computer, and get lairy. I suggest you wind your neck in and go get some proof you are right. Otherwise gtfo

17. mega-man Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

you can get away with it on the road lol

18. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that was aimed at graham. Not you megaman. Cool name buy the way. Makes you sound like a transformer. Lol

19. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry god let me go cry myself to sleep

I frankly don't give 2 shits :Smile:

I've seen the question asked on a local forum with a police liason officer and im relaying his answer. If mr police says its okay then thatll do for me :Smile:

20. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

police don't do MOT mate. And if you claim you don't give a shit then why you still here. And as for crying yourself to sleep, just have a cup of horlicks. Works for me