Query/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by HabzY, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there everyone im not really good at using forums yet, but im not sure if im posting in the right section, so anyway I've been lurking around in a corsa almost a year now and feel the need of a 1.4 typr r replica? What do you guys think isit worth the money or is there something better i want to sit on a 1.4 max due to my high insurance. So im currently watching these two :

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1049007.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1226350.htm

what do you guys think? Which one would yous prefer and why ?

Also if I've posted in the wrong section tell me guys.

2. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i would honestly buy neither

anything replica with a smaller engine/less power is a big fail to me. but if you want to look faster than you are then i guess the second one

3. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Call me boring but I wouldn't buy either of them, or anything that's a replica. It's a fake copy.

It just gives a false impression.

4. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

True but, I'm 18 and in love with the Type-R.

Damn It

5. TUTE Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

replicas = fail for me tbh.

unless its a rep thats faster than the original then its a win :Tongue:

6. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What's better though, a Type-R or a Civic that has the looks of a Type-R but doesn't go no where :Smile: .

7. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

if i was to have 1 it would be the first but being a replica its kinda gay lol

8. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what an absolute load of rubbish people on here talk yet again! i don't wanna start any troubles and please correct me if im lieng but i could literally go throught the 96 00 thread and pick out car after car thats an ej9 or 1.5 and has full Type-R lips...grill spoiler...and maybe a 5stud conversion! thats replicating at is highest!

when i was young i had a 1.4 and made it look like a Type-R i spose with the grill ECT and lips n spoiler... get what you wanna drive mate!

9. LiggyL Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

couldn't agree with Patty more!

10. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thank fuck for that...there was me thinking i was going to get raped for stating the obvious!

11. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Neither of those are proper Type-R reps lol

Silver one has dodgy body kit bumpers and the gold one is... well, gold.

Save for a facelift EP2, they have most of the kit as standard :Smile:

12. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this!

however, you'd have more fun buying yourself a 1.4 (i think they are known as EP1) and modding it yourself!

then, if you like it enough, you could always put a type-r K20 engine in it at a later date :Grin:

13. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Both not great, but Gold one looks a little better.... keep looking!

14. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

x3

we was close to buying a M5 Replica, because who can really afford the actual price of a realM5, the running costs, insurance etc....

My current car EK4 Vti, has EK9 lips and a EK9 tailgate...but i like it like this, i wouldn't mind a proper EK9 but being 18 and the price of an EK9 is a tad high for me.

If i had to choose i would go for the silver one mate, the gold one looks gash, in the end its your money and you have the right to choose which one.

15. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    I agree with Patty! The amount of EJ9s that have Type-R lips and spoiler is unreal. :nod:

Thing to remember when buying a replica, is to check for the quality of how well its been replicated. You get some shocking replicas, as with any modded car though, its always about quality. don't be afraid to get down on your knees, take a look under the car, check all the knooks and crannies for imperfections.

Main reason I say this, is because people that sell replicas, think they can charge more because it "looks" like a more expensive car. Wrong, especially if its done bad or not right.

Keep looking though mate, you will be able to find a decent one. Patience is key :Smile:

16. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there again, I've still been looking for a replica, there's hardly any around could somebody look up, as a helping hand my dads back next week and wants me to have something ready to go and purchase.

Thanxs all again and Patty thanxs for dropping it hot! lmao

18. Stokes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As long as you don't drive it like its a Type-R. Then i don't see the problem with getting a replica.

Just don't have Type-R written all over it.

19. fizzle Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i say ep2 it. at 18 insurance shudnt be to bad?

20. HabzY Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah im getting quoted at around 1200