Engine & Gearbox putting a d16z6 head on d14 gl engine ? help

Discussion in 'Honda D-Series' started by civic-EF-UK, Thursday 10th Dec, 2009.

1. civic-EF-UK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

how hard is this , iv heard of doing this what sort of power gains are there , i like the idea of keeping my car a 1.4 but i would love to get 135 BHP from it , i want to get 4-1 manifold , custom inlet manifold with r1 carbs , aluminuim flywheel , but i want a better head like the d16z6 head because you can put high lift cam buy race valve spings and valves etc so its a more tune able head i think , obviously the gl's fuel pump is ran from the cam in the head so i would need some sort of electric fuel pump , and one thing im confused about is the getting the timing right etc someone help me as much as possible if you know anything about this .

i have been thinking about putting d16z6 engine in but i like the engine to be smaller thats why i had 3 swift gti's :Tongue:

my old gl i had a year ago had 4-2-1 manifold , straight through exhaust and i took all the air filter stuff off so it was just the carbs sticking out , know thats a little bad not having air filters just had mesh over them but it mad 110 BHP on dyno just from that so is 135 ish going to be that hard to get ?

just trying to work out what to do and not make the wrong choice :]

thanks

2. simpson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i did then same with the 4-2-1 header lol and i had 110bhp. this time im ganna try the same plus skimmin the head n the d15 import cam and do a flywheel to . and i heard wt u wanna do is true . it bolts straght on , ment to be lik 140bhp but nt a defo sure