Purchased an iPhone on here and it is faulty..

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Fong, Thursday 10th Dec, 2009.

1. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

right brought a iphone and it has some faults on it which the person didn't specify. anyone can hep me much appreciated. these are the faults:

After fully charged within 2minutes the phone will just switch it self off?

Poor reception when on my old phone i have full bars!

Phone speaker sounds fucked like the bass is dead

Found out its a american iphone so apple over here won't help me at all!

Please help me guys!

2. HotPinkBabe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Oh i dunno what to say :Frown: because i was going to say go to Apple Shop they will swap it over for you :Frown:

There are a few websites you can buy parts for your iphone and videos on youtube which show you how to change/fix things :Smile:

3. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

brought it from a guy on here which he said it was in good working order! just found out that the phone only works when plugged in! I've been up all night trying to fix the problem! :Frown:

4. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

not very mobile is it :/

Name and shame !

5. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It shouldn't matter if it's American or not! Find your local apple store with a genious bar, they will be able to help! How did you find out it was American?

Sounds like you bought a bit of a shitter mate! Name and shame!

6. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i rung up the apple technical line and i asked them for help and then we was going through all the procedures and it wernt working so they ask me to read out the serial number and they say "i know why its not working, its american...hangs up" i actually lol'd at that. im not going to name and shame until he finds a solution for me, really annoyed when you pay for something when its faulty. the person claims to try it on orange, when i don't have a orange sim, he also said to turn wifi off but the battery lasts 5mins when fully charged!

7. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    Get your money back mate, sounds like so much hastle.

8. Chinglish Peasant Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom George Lomdon
    Jailbreak and unlock time, download blackra1n and in settings connect to your wifi at home, you'll need to install cydia, rock and sn0w. After your unlock, just keep your phone on as your unlock is only temporary. When you say your phone switches off it maybe just the screen going to sleep, just hit the function button and screen should light up and prompt you to slide to unlock. If that don't work, your battery is knackered. Hope this helps. If not, then name and shame!!!!

9. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds dodgey to me

10. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

tried to but he said its sold as seen and he said it was no refunds. which wernt on the listing.

it has all that its been jailbroken and the screen isn't going to sleep it actually just turns off

11. 10000rpm New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Naz
    ok the phone was purchased of me i have had the phone for the past 9 months used it everyday and it held the charge for 2 days before i charged it again. if the phone was faulty i would have stated it in the for sale thread like i have with the sony c905 i am selling. i also put a o2 simcard in it and had the same problem with the battery going flat within minutes so checked for a solution on the interenet and few ppl said its a fault with o2 but i don't no if it is or not but they said the simcard needs to be a 3g and you need to inform o2.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 10th Dec, 2009
  12. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A faul with o2 that the battery dies ? I think not mate lol

13. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate I've tried it with vodafone and still same issues and also on your listing it did not say that otherwise i wouldn't of brought it. if i remember correctly you said "perfect working order" i don't seem why a refund isn't possible.

lol

14. 10000rpm New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Naz
    ring them and ask them search it on the net. am only saying what i seen on the net. why would i bullshit??

15. 10000rpm New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Naz
    it was working perfect when i had it on orange that is what am trying to saying.

if the phone was faulty i would have stated that in the listing.

try a hard reset on it. what i tunes are you using?

16. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The sim card in no way effects what the phone does. Were is the information on the internet ?

17. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've done everything, I've even spoke to apple myself. all i want is a refund

18. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    Probably because you've sold a faulty phone for loads more than its worth?

Fong if this joker doesnt give you your money back surely there is a law under sales of Good's act. or somthing.

19. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

meh sold as seen

thats what you get for trying to be a cheapskate :Smile:

20. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i have rung o2 and i have a 3g sim and they was like it should work no problem and if you noticed this iphone is 2g. aj yeah if he doesn't sort it out then i would have to go into them acts. its just a shame lately this forum have loads of scammers.