ps3 or 360

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by Eazalee, Monday 7th Dec, 2009.

1. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

right heres the thing, i spend most of my time down my gf's, her bro got a 360 but getting a ps3 for xmas. so im thinking, either 360 or ps3... or fog lights, HID's possibly and summin else.

i prefer 360 for forza but then i think id wna play against him on live on COD and piss off his mates from school that i know lol thats on a ps3 btw..

so help me decide... discuss the good and bads about both consoles pleaseee

also could we link 2 ps3/360 online things in the same house. and would this make our connection weak etc...

matt

2. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ps3 all the way,... just waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to come out,,

just connect your modem to your ps3 and off you go. no extra charges ...

get a ps3 and add me :Smile: my gametag is kahn_v

3. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah but could both of us link it up at the same time "/ also grand turismo... aint played that in yearssss... i never used 2 like the way they drive, not umm hard to explain, not like turning if that makes sense, like forza is awsum, but gt was like lil turns.. ahh i dno wa im on about lol

4. Ryanlush Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ps3=no red lights

settled

5. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah ps3 all day xbox aint got shit on a ps3!!!!

6. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

just yellow ones

7. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    Xbox 360 is better, I've got both, the 360 is so sick for gaming, but i guess thast becasue all my mates have the 360 too, i bet if we all had ps3s id love that. But i just pre-fer the xbox for gaming & PS3 for watching films/dvd's on as its so much quieter

there both good, but xbox has its benefits

8. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^ True, 360 IS better console. The only thing PS3 has is blue ray. Xbox has better games and better online, better media streaming, Better controllers and PS3 is twice as much as 360 ECT ECT

9. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i get this question all the time at work so this is my opinion i always say, they both have good points and bad points.

PS3 good points:

Blu ray movies

Internet browser

BBC iplayer

Free to play online

Rechargeable battery controllers

Quiet fan

Built in wireless

Bad Points:

Online service is shit

Once you buy a game you will always have to install to hard drive otherwise it will run slow

Controller feels fake

Always updating

The new slim console looks fake

The way the menu is set its confusing

Have to buy a WIRELESS mic if want to talk to mates online

XBOX 360 Good points:

Online service is amazing

Skyplayer

Forza 3, Gears of wars series, Halo 3, Fable 2

Easy to use menu

Windows media centre

Great arcade games

Mic comes with package so you can talk to your mates while playing a game

4 Different consoles Arcade, Premium, Elite and Super Elite so there is always a package suitable for everyone

Bad Points:

Loud Console

Red Rings

Constantly buying battery unless you buy the play and charge kit

Have to pay to play online

No HD movies unless you buy a HD Drive

Wireless adapter always fails

Disc easily scratched

Although Xbox 360 came out 2-3years out before the PS3, they still have competition over the XBOX 360 will is just fail, PS3 is more powerful than the XBOX 360 but XBOX is the most enjoyable console IMHO. I have both consoles but i just use the PS3 for Blu ray movies and i am always using my XBOX, had a customer yesterday who traded their PS3 for a XBOX which i directed him to the right way!

10. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    oh yeah lol shows how long its been since i played a game on the ps3 forgot it takes what feels likea month worth of installing bullshit just so u can play it. so frustrating

11. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nice 1 guys... i only really wanted 2 get a ps3 for my gf's bro n his mates lol. i want forzaaaa so aj twisted my arm on msn n got me thinking straight. 360 ftw!! plus i can't be dealing with all this updating shit! pfft :Tongue:

fong,, how much is a good package deal at game for an elite, preferably with forza 3 or cod mw2 and a headset maybe?

matt

12. F3RG1E Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

200 quid will get u an elite console, headset, cod:mw2 & forza 3 plus a months free subscription to xbox live.

If your goin for the elite, then the new ones have got the new jasper chips and re-designed motherboards in them, which apparently reduces the chance of getting the 3 red lights and overheating problems. You can tell if its got one of these jchips inside if on the box it has 12.1A and also uses the 150W power supply instead of the old 170/175W ones.

I've got both consoles and i havnt played the ps3 in over a month now, always on the 360 as most of my m8s are on xbox live aswell which is handy. Only use the ps3 for bluray movies really.

13. haz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Xbox FTW, Live is so much better and the price and games you can't go wrong....

Haz

14. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

got to be the easiet answer ever Lol 360 ftw :Smile:

15. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

360 it is :Grin: I've even persuaded my gf's bro to not get the ps3 :Tongue: woop woop :Grin:

16. Krim Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. Callum. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

18. bigd89 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

got both i bought a ps3 after my 2nd set of red lights 2 months on im buying a new 360 loads more fun on and offline mainly because of forza ,the ps3 is goin in the livin room for blue rays

19. Sirk Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

everyone i know whos got a ps3 just uses it as a blue ray player....

xbox ftw!

20. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It looks like you've made your decision, but I'd say alot of these 'bad points' are opinion really.

1 - I don't think the online is shit. It's adequate for what I want - downloading demos, purchasing DLC, a bit of skate/gta/mgs online

2 - What's wrong with installing to HDD? Although tbh I installed PES09 to HDD and hardly noticed any difference

3 - Controller feels fine to me, I don't think it's changed much at all since PS1. Which in my opinion is a good thing.

4 - It updates what, once a month on average? Hardly always, and even so it only takes 10 minutes.

5 - I don't have a slim so can't comment

6 - I find the menu a piece of piss to navigate. Want to watch a film? Scroll left to video, then down to whichever medium it's on. How is that hard?

7 - I don't have a mic so can't really comment, but what's wrong with a wireless headset? Surely that's better than a wired one anyway?

At the end of the day I'd say it's down to what games you want to play. I'm a massive Metal Gear fan so it had to be PS3 for me, but at the time Xboxes were half the price so I probably would have got one if I could play MGS4 on it. Although I'd resent having to pay for online, so maybe not.

Oh another plus is that the HDD is a piece of piss to upgrade too as PS3 uses a normal 2.5" SATA. Handy if you want to download films, run Linux on it or whatever. I might be wrong, but I've heard that Xbox HDDs aren't that simple to upgrade?

Alot of people say they aren't worth paying the extra, but I don't regret it at all and think it was definately worth it.