Introductions Prospective buyer!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SouperJim, Friday 14th Jun, 2019.

1. SouperJim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, just introducing myself, I'm in the market for a reliable family wagon so am here to read up and ask questions about the 2nd/3rd Generation CR-V and the 8th Generation Accord Tourer as these fit my budget! Not much else to say...

2. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Hi Jim, I've an 2009 Accord Tourer; what would you like to know?

SouperJim likes this.
  3. SouperJim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My main concern with the accord tourer is the reliability of the diesel, EGR and DPF issues etc. I see you've replied to my accord thread tho, thanks!

4. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

The diesel's been fantastically reliable, the DPF issue was resolved on post either '05 or '08 models from what I recall, and I believe design changes were made to the EGR at around the same kind of time. DPF issues really only arise due to not allowing a car to clear a DPF though, no manufacturer really designs their DPFs to fail prematurely, it's usually down to cars being used in the wrong applications. For example, it's common practice in most car dealerships to clear DPFs by test driving the vehicle in question up and down a motorway, usually in a high gear to allow for temperature to build in the DPF, which 'forces' a regen.

Realistically, a little bit of a run on a motorway every 1,000 miles or so will help.

I've been looking into buying one as a daily to replace the Del Sol (as I'm doing 130 miles a day to commute to Kettering from Derby), while they're a little out of budget, I'm yet to really see somebody complaining about reliability.

SouperJim likes this.
  5. SouperJim Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So, bought a petrol 3rd Generation CR-V in the end. Decided the accord wasn't really practical enough for our needs and the mixed driving the car will be doing might mean DPF issues.

Should be collecting the car early next week, have added it to the garage already.

Anyone know if the 19" blaze alloys are supposed to be a dark gunmetal colour? Can't tell from the brochure. They look great, just wondering if they've been resprayed.

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  6. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

I can't say I've seen them in that colour, but I can't say I've spend much time paying attention to 3rd Generation CR-Vs.