Engine & Gearbox pros and cons of a h2b swap ?

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by H22_Dan.., Thursday 12th Nov, 2009.

1. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

can anyone shed some light as to the pros and cons of this swap , also the difficulty to do and power gains not BHP but driveability etc , as im seriously looking into this for next year ,

also if i buy the kit and a s80 box how much will i be charged for someone to fit ? cheers guys

2. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate don't pay knowone to do it! you have a bit of knowledge so do it yourself :Wink:

3. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i wanna but i need to do research :Grin: if my 106 sells well and my new laptop ill be ordering an s80 box and a kit as an early xmas pressie all for me :Grin: :Grin:

4. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate youve seen the kit morf had it looks pretty damn simple tbh. just looks like a plate that you bolt to the block to give the h22 the b series fitting. a flywheel you get with the kit then the rest looks like nuts and bolts :Grin:

5. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nah not as simple from what i can gather the kiot is but apaz i need a new header?? loom ? and some other crap but i might be wrong , would be easier to diy it but if its relatively cheap ill get it done :Grin: hows your motor coming along?

i got danielles old 106 for 20 lol and cost me 100 to repair :Grin: there going for 1800 to 2k atm lol

6. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dude if your alreaddy running h22 then why would you need loom?

It's a bolt on gearbox n flywheel, no harder than a clutch change I'd imagine!

S80 is a fine gbox!

And pros are you will be faster

con is the cost!

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

also b series selectors needed rather than h22 cables obv

8. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

was just about to say the same ooour lad :Smile:

9. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

great minds and all that lol

10. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha you know dis :Wink: what would be better for h22 a 96spec or 98 s80??

id say 96

11. Shandow Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If your ok driving a car with stiff mounts, it's fine. Also, there's little small niggly bits that you might want, like a baffled sump. Some wires may also need extending..

12. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i just got a price from bisimoto for 1399 dpllars shipped :Grin: but im not that rich atm i gotta sell some more stuff first , i was tol;d i need to modify the header aswell and wiring ? i wish it was as easy as a clutch change lol , also got to replace shafts aswell then re -weld a plate over my big square hole that was cut for gearstick for h series gearin, i just need to know if its all worth it or should i spend my money on more constructive things like cams intake etc?

13. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for my setup im using a 4.4 FD gearbox, i think 4.7 would be too short. the h2b obviously reduces the weight considerably as the cable selector boxes are alot heavier than the rod selector boxes.

going from 4.2 FD to either 4.4 or 4.7 will be a big performance gain as it increases torque. question is do you want to spend

14. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

would be good to see some more h2b in the uk

15. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

buy a h2b kit then :Tongue:

16. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yea i get what ppl are saying and i would DEF want one , but im trying to come to terms with spending a thousand on that well arond 2 thousand all in then maybe putting that 2g on cams intake brakes suspension etc ?? hmm

17. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The H2B kit helps the H22 put its power down as the original driveshaft angles are kept. It also helps with ground clearence.

The H2B would be a better investment in the long run as you would be able to put more power down in a more controllable way.

18. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for me it was for the shorter ratio, the weight, and also being different :Smile: if your mounts arent too hard id suggest a balance shaft removal kit and a decent head setup. h2b may push you over 160lb ft with the right box, spend on the current setup and you could break the 200bhp mark.

19. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^ thats why im decisive lol

20. EG6CIVIC Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

where did you find the bisimoto kit for $1400 shipped?