Civic/6th Gen Project EM1 REVIVIE....

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by zeromx, Saturday 7th Apr, 2007.

1. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I got this 1999 EK COUPE (EM1) from salvage about 2weeks ago and im in the process of repairing it... here are some of the progress...

nuhin160307130a. (when it first arrived)!!!!

so far i removed the front bumper, bonnet and passenger side wing, those were the body panels that needed replacing, also i ordered a bumper assembly cross member... need to get some headlights as the straps are F*****D.... also need to find a b18a2 air-con radiator and that's pretty much it... well also need to do alot of bringing this car back to life as it doesn't look much care was given :O ... oh yeah also need to fix the passenger side wing mirror.... and then finally get a full front end RESPRAY...

pics...

DSC00226.

DSC00225.

DSC00224.

DSC00223.

still needs alot of TLC...

2. LaMbErT* Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I would say looks like a good start but with the bodywork in the shape you say maybe not, although it does look like a good base for a project car! Good luck mate :Grin:

3. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

well its more like a project to get the car to normal from the state it is in now...

4. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

update:

Today i took the car to SPECTRE to get the front end sorted, should be ready by end of the week!.

parts im awaiting for now:

DC SPORTS 4-2-1 manifold

TANABE complete system

SKUNK2 DECAT

SKUNK2 short-shifter

+ other stuff but not as important as those..

random pictures i took at spectre;

CIMG0596. (yes its fast, on track)

CIMG0597.

CIMG0598. (H22)

CIMG0599. (engines ready for swops)

oh yeh look out for Tonys post, he should have some updated pictures of my car!...

5. [email protected] Commercial Services Trader

ray takin hes time with that delsol bless him lol dixons teg lookin gd :Grin:

6. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    Cool man, will get some more pics today of it. As I going up there in about 5mins :Grin:

7. LaMbErT* Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Man cool pics from spectre, i well wish i could get an apprenticeship there!

8. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeh Poom saw you there today when i went to drop off my front bumper and wing for my em1.

9. D16Y8 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Few more pics of Memz's Project EM1 :Tongue: , can't wait to see her back :Grin: will look sweet :Wink:

DSC03176.

DSC03177.

DSC03179.

DSC03180.

DSC03182.

DSC03184.

DSC03216.

Memz you know we still have 1 more race before my D16 goes , B16A2 vs D16Y8 :Grin: again:Tongue:lot:

10. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yo Tony that night when you were racing the K20 i was so surprised about your D-series!... yeh as you say one race before you get the B-series!...

11. HONDAndy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice!! looks like its getting sorted well. How much did you pay for the damaged car?

I want an em1 when i sell my ej8 :Smile: .

12. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah didn't realise that was you until Ray said after you went. Otherwise I would have said hello.

I wasn't in a very good mood when you were there, I wasn't getting on very well with wiring up my gauges. Damn sandwich plate!! :| Still don't have oil pressure, because the sensor was too fuckin big!! GRRRRR! :Frown:

How's the progress of the car going?

13. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

no worries Poom, lets say i got i got it for a fair deal. :Wink:

ok this is the progress, everything is FIXED and painted, all i need to do is wait till tomorrow, the guy still needs to do a finishing touches!... all new panels, spot welded, sprayed... yeh... here are some of the pics i took today... will take some more tomorrow when its fully out...

DSC00235.

DSC00233.

DSC00234.

14. Hotsuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good man,

Great work :Smile:

15. dustyvip Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking hot mate, you done a good thinking bring that EM1 back to life :-D

16. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh man, its all worth it... when its a em1 :Grin: ... i got big plans for this EM1....

17. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sweet dude, looks like an awesome job :Grin:

18. LaMbErT* Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Certainly did well done!

19. zeromx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks everyone, once all the parts i ordered arrive then i will fit them all and that's when it begins!...

20. chanwingchi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Gogogogogo Born Again!